- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 2
Re: Redirect after registration
15 years 2 months ago #21562
by smedia
Redirect after registration was created by smedia
Hello,
If I register to my Hikashop I get redirected to an empty page. How can I adjust this? You mentioned earlier to me that I have to adjust the script of the file user.php. But I, being a php noob,dont know where to put the redirect script in the file. Can you show me where to place this code?
Greetings,
Dizma
If I register to my Hikashop I get redirected to an empty page. How can I adjust this? You mentioned earlier to me that I have to adjust the script of the file user.php. But I, being a php noob,dont know where to put the redirect script in the file. Can you show me where to place this code?
Greetings,
Dizma
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21567
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Redirect after registration
Hi,
you need to add the code:
$app->redirect(' www.mywebsite.com/myURL ');
after the code:
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::sprintf('THANK_YOU_FOR_REGISTERING',HIKASHOP_LIVE));
in the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/user.php
We'll change a bit the system in next release so that you will be able to add the redirect in a view and avoid changing a core file of HikaShop (that way you will be able to update without having to reapply your changes).
you need to add the code:
$app->redirect(' www.mywebsite.com/myURL ');
after the code:
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::sprintf('THANK_YOU_FOR_REGISTERING',HIKASHOP_LIVE));
in the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/user.php
We'll change a bit the system in next release so that you will be able to add the redirect in a view and avoid changing a core file of HikaShop (that way you will be able to update without having to reapply your changes).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21621
by smedia
Replied by smedia on topic Re: Redirect after registration
Hello,
I added youre code to the designated user.php file after the code you mentioned but it doesnt work. After registering I still see an empty page. Isnt It strange that I dont even see a string of code configurated in the language file? The url to page looks like this:
www.myurl.com/index.php/registreer/check...ctivate_page/lang-nl
Whats going wrong here?
I added youre code to the designated user.php file after the code you mentioned but it doesnt work. After registering I still see an empty page. Isnt It strange that I dont even see a string of code configurated in the language file? The url to page looks like this:
www.myurl.com/index.php/registreer/check...ctivate_page/lang-nl
Whats going wrong here?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21642
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Redirect after registration
It's probably because the URL you put in the code is not valid or that the page there is not ok. On the link you gave, I can see that you have an iframe with the URL:
tg.php?uid=www4e26b2a1390a20.55891913&src=&cat=computers%2Finternet%2Fdownloads&kw=Domain+Names&sc=internet
However, the URL of the page is www.myurl.com/index.php/registreer/check...ctivate_page/lang-nl
So the iframe URL becomes: www.myurl.com/index.php/registreer/check...in+Names&sc=internet
which is not valid and cannot be loaded.
Your iframe URL should be absolute.
tg.php?uid=www4e26b2a1390a20.55891913&src=&cat=computers%2Finternet%2Fdownloads&kw=Domain+Names&sc=internet
However, the URL of the page is www.myurl.com/index.php/registreer/check...ctivate_page/lang-nl
So the iframe URL becomes: www.myurl.com/index.php/registreer/check...in+Names&sc=internet
which is not valid and cannot be loaded.
Your iframe URL should be absolute.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #21644
by smedia
Replied by smedia on topic Re: Redirect after registration
Sorry, I dont get it.
The code displayed in my last reply is the code where Hikashop sends me whitout the piece of script added. So the original file in the original setting.
The code displayed in my last reply is the code where Hikashop sends me whitout the piece of script added. So the original file in the original setting.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by smedia.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21647
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Redirect after registration
Nevermind my previous post... I clicked on the URL you gave and didn't look at the domain name and though that it was a page of your website not working...
If the page www.myurl.com/index.php/registreer/check...ctivate_page/lang-nl is blank, it's because your template is missing some code in order to display the messages:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...issues.html#messages
If the page www.myurl.com/index.php/registreer/check...ctivate_page/lang-nl is blank, it's because your template is missing some code in order to display the messages:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...issues.html#messages
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #21673
by smedia
Replied by smedia on topic Re: Redirect after registration
Ah, thats the trick for the standard message after login 
Very nice!
But still, I,d like to redirect to a page with my own design.
This is the code I put in.
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::sprintf('THANK_YOU_FOR_REGISTERING',HIKASHOP_LIVE));
$app->redirect(' www.myurl.nl/index.php?option=com_conten...ry&layout=blog&id=23 ');
...
Am I doing something wrong here. I also tried it with http:// in front of the url.
Very nice!
But still, I,d like to redirect to a page with my own design.
This is the code I put in.
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::sprintf('THANK_YOU_FOR_REGISTERING',HIKASHOP_LIVE));
$app->redirect(' www.myurl.nl/index.php?option=com_conten...ry&layout=blog&id=23 ');
...
Am I doing something wrong here. I also tried it with http:// in front of the url.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by smedia.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21680
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Redirect after registration
That's not the code you should change.
You should add your redirect in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php instead of the code:
$app->redirect(hikashop_completeLink('checkout&task=activate_page&lang='.$locale,false,true));
And you should put the http://
You should add your redirect in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php instead of the code:
$app->redirect(hikashop_completeLink('checkout&task=activate_page&lang='.$locale,false,true));
And you should put the http://
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21693
by smedia
Replied by smedia on topic Re: Redirect after registration
This is exactly what I mean 
Thnx, for the help!
Thnx, for the help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 575
- Thank you received: 11
4 years 5 months ago #340946
by ler@singmuiheng.com
Replied by ler@singmuiheng.com on topic Re: Redirect after registration
is there new method to control this after 10 years?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 5 months ago #340951
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Redirect after registration
Hi,
Well, first what exactly do you want to control ?
Normally, HikaShop's registration is used mainly on the checkout. And thus, after the registration on the checkout, the user goes back to the checkout. So there should be no need to change anything to that.
The only case where this might be needed is if you're talking about the HikaShop registration form page.
After the registration there, the system displayed the "after_register" view file of HikaShop with a text "Thank you for your registration".
If you want to change that, there are several ways:
- You could simply do a translation override of that text if you want to change the text:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
- You could edit the file user / after_register via the menu Display>Views to add the text you want to that view file.
- You could also add a redirect to somewhere else in that same view file. For example:
where XXX is the URL of the page you want to display to the user after the registration from the HikaShop registration form page.
Finally, note that if you're using Joomla's registration form page, all this won't apply to it as this is controlled by Joomla, not HikaShop.
Well, first what exactly do you want to control ?
Normally, HikaShop's registration is used mainly on the checkout. And thus, after the registration on the checkout, the user goes back to the checkout. So there should be no need to change anything to that.
The only case where this might be needed is if you're talking about the HikaShop registration form page.
After the registration there, the system displayed the "after_register" view file of HikaShop with a text "Thank you for your registration".
If you want to change that, there are several ways:
- You could simply do a translation override of that text if you want to change the text:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
- You could edit the file user / after_register via the menu Display>Views to add the text you want to that view file.
- You could also add a redirect to somewhere else in that same view file. For example:
Code:
<?php JFactory::getApplication()->redirect('XXX'); ?>
Finally, note that if you're using Joomla's registration form page, all this won't apply to it as this is controlled by Joomla, not HikaShop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kittisak112
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds