Product Page - tell customers to click on thumb
15 years 3 weeks ago #25018
by Jims
Product Page - tell customers to click on thumb was created by Jims
Hi, Nicolas.
Several reviewers of our development site asked if there was a way to advise customers that clicking on the thumbnail on the a Product Page brings up a larger image.
I suppose I could put a description for every product "Click thumbnail for larger image" but this feels awkward.
Jim
Several reviewers of our development site asked if there was a way to advise customers that clicking on the thumbnail on the a Product Page brings up a larger image.
I suppose I could put a description for every product "Click thumbnail for larger image" but this feels awkward.
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25024
by ianspeed
Replied by ianspeed on topic Re: Product Page - tell customers to click on thumb
Hi Jim,
Go to Views in Hikashop.
Then select the corresponding product SHOW for your template.
And add the text there.
Do a search for this code, it's near the very top:
<?php echo $this->image->display($image->file_path,true,$image->file_name,'id="hikashop_main_image" style="margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle"','id="hikashop_main_image_link"'); ?>
then directly afterwards add your code: eg. <div style="color: #444444;" > Please click on image for larger version </div>
I will be adding a magnifying glass at some point with a link to the full image.
Hope this helps
Ian
Go to Views in Hikashop.
Then select the corresponding product SHOW for your template.
And add the text there.
Do a search for this code, it's near the very top:
<?php echo $this->image->display($image->file_path,true,$image->file_name,'id="hikashop_main_image" style="margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle"','id="hikashop_main_image_link"'); ?>
then directly afterwards add your code: eg. <div style="color: #444444;" > Please click on image for larger version </div>
I will be adding a magnifying glass at some point with a link to the full image.
Hope this helps
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25039
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Product Page - tell customers to click on thumb
Many thanks, Nicolas, yes very helpful.
That's just what I wanted, but so far I've not been able to get the 'Nothing You Could Do" font family or font-nothing class (defined in custom.css) to work here?
Jim
That's just what I wanted, but so far I've not been able to get the 'Nothing You Could Do" font family or font-nothing class (defined in custom.css) to work here?
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25041
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Page - tell customers to click on thumb
You can add it like that:
<div style="color: #444444;font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do', 'Yanone Kaffeesatz';" > Please click on image for larger version </div>
<div style="color: #444444;font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do', 'Yanone Kaffeesatz';" > Please click on image for larger version </div>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25043
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Product Page - tell customers to click on thumb
Many thanks, Nicolas.
My problem was a semi-colon!!
Jim
My problem was a semi-colon!!
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25069
by Jims
Replied by Jims on topic Re: Product Page - tell customers to click on thumb
First, please could you move this thread to How To. I did not originally intend this to be posted in Bug Reports.
This is just a follow up for anyone looking through the archives for this question.
The code you gave me, Nicolas, worked fine on the first visit to a product page, but if you clicked on one of the radio buttons in the characteristics table, the "Please click on image..." did not appear.
I found that I needed to put the addition div code in two places, the first of which was as shown below (addition in red) and the second in a similar place further down. The insertion was after the 2nd and 4th occurrences of "echo $this->image->display"
</div><div id="hikashop_small_image_div"><?php
if(count($this->element->images)>1){
foreach($this->element->images as $image){
echo $this->image->display($image->file_path,'hikashop_main_image',$image->file_name,'class="hikashop_child_image"');
}
}
}
?>
<div style="color: #000000; font-family:'Nothing You Could Do';">
Please click on image<br>for larger version
</div>
Thanks
Jim
This is just a follow up for anyone looking through the archives for this question.
The code you gave me, Nicolas, worked fine on the first visit to a product page, but if you clicked on one of the radio buttons in the characteristics table, the "Please click on image..." did not appear.
I found that I needed to put the addition div code in two places, the first of which was as shown below (addition in red) and the second in a similar place further down. The insertion was after the 2nd and 4th occurrences of "echo $this->image->display"
</div><div id="hikashop_small_image_div"><?php
if(count($this->element->images)>1){
foreach($this->element->images as $image){
echo $this->image->display($image->file_path,'hikashop_main_image',$image->file_name,'class="hikashop_child_image"');
}
}
}
?>
<div style="color: #000000; font-family:'Nothing You Could Do';">
Please click on image<br>for larger version
</div>
Thanks
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25071
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Page - tell customers to click on thumb
Thank you for coming back on this. I've moved the thread.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds