- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Desperately need help with images!
14 years 9 months ago #33589
by cashow
Desperately need help with images! was created by cashow
I upload all of my products via csv file. This is how I control pricing, special offers, everything!
I currently have over 400 products loaded and since this is a new shop...(yet to be launched)...I am uploading updates on a daily basis.
My problem is this:
Every time I do a new upload, my images no longer show up. Names have not changed, locations have not changed...nothing has changed, but the images no longer show up. Having 400+ products and growing, I do not have time to go in and reload the photos every time I do an upload...which is something else I don't understand. Why am I having to go back to my computer to reattach the image when it is right there in Hikashop? Is this creating duplicate images and wasting my disk space? I should be able to go to my upload folder to attach the images.
This may very well be due to my lack of understanding, but I have searched every where I can think of to see if I am doing something wrong.
Any help you folks can offer will be greatly appreciated.
btw:
Hikashop 1.5.5
Joomla 1.7
Thanks
I currently have over 400 products loaded and since this is a new shop...(yet to be launched)...I am uploading updates on a daily basis.
My problem is this:
Every time I do a new upload, my images no longer show up. Names have not changed, locations have not changed...nothing has changed, but the images no longer show up. Having 400+ products and growing, I do not have time to go in and reload the photos every time I do an upload...which is something else I don't understand. Why am I having to go back to my computer to reattach the image when it is right there in Hikashop? Is this creating duplicate images and wasting my disk space? I should be able to go to my upload folder to attach the images.
This may very well be due to my lack of understanding, but I have searched every where I can think of to see if I am doing something wrong.
Any help you folks can offer will be greatly appreciated.
btw:
Hikashop 1.5.5
Joomla 1.7
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33609
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Desperately need help with images!
Hi,
You can attach images to products with the CSV import.
In your CSV, you need to specify the name of the image like that for example:
product_code,images
my_prod1,my_image1.png
my_prod2,my_image2.png
and make sure that my_image1.png and my_image2.png are in the upload folder of HikaShop: media/com_hikashop/upload
If that doesn't work, it means that there is something you didn't do correctly. But I can't say what as I would need more information on your process, like an extract of the beginning of your CSV.
You can attach images to products with the CSV import.
In your CSV, you need to specify the name of the image like that for example:
product_code,images
my_prod1,my_image1.png
my_prod2,my_image2.png
and make sure that my_image1.png and my_image2.png are in the upload folder of HikaShop: media/com_hikashop/upload
If that doesn't work, it means that there is something you didn't do correctly. But I can't say what as I would need more information on your process, like an extract of the beginning of your CSV.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33660
by cashow
Replied by cashow on topic Re: Desperately need help with images!
You were exactly right. Some of my product image names did not match exactly and some of them did not transfer at all when I uploaded via FTP.
Thanks for the help.
Thanks for the help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds