Skip to main content

'please enter a value of the field name'

More
14 years 7 months ago #39370 by terrancejt89
I filled out the whole registry list in the checkout form in my store leaving no field blank, and when I click register, instead of moving foward with my checkout process it says 'please enter a value of the field name', but my name and everything other field of the registry page is filled out. What's wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #39373 by terrancejt89
I need help ASAP. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #39378 by nicolas
Please give a link to your shop so that we can see the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #39383 by terrancejt89
lacedandlamez.com/index.php/component/hi...op/checkout?Itemid=1
I have two registration forms and both wont let me proceed to check out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #39386 by nicolas
Please change your checkout workflow to have only one registration form.
The registration form cannot be displayed twice on the same page. That's why you have that problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #39388 by terrancejt89

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #39389 by terrancejt89
How would I go about doing that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #39391 by terrancejt89
I fixed it thank you. But now my paypal tab won't appear when I hit 'Neext'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #39410 by nicolas
If you don't see your payment method during the checkout, please check that FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #165566 by claratuckbones
I am having the same problem

I do not have two registration forms in the Checkout Workflow

My Checkout Workflow is as follows:
cart_coupon_terms_login,status_payment_confirm,end

The Switcher is set to 'on' so users can switch between either Log in or Register.

When I Log In as a user, everything works fine

However when I Register I get the error message 'please enter a value of the field name'

It's strange because I didn't have this problem when I first set it up... but I must have changed something which means it is now not possible to Register.

Do you have other suggestions as to what might be the problem?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by claratuckbones. Reason: Left out some information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #165657 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,
Can you give us a link to your website so that we can directly test it and show us some screenshots of how did you configured your checkout workflow through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #165685 by claratuckbones
Here are some screenshots - I have sent a private message with the log in details of the website I'm working on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #165702 by Eliot
Hi there,

I believe you forgot to send us the login, we only received the password.
Could you please resend us an email through the contact form with a link to this topic?
Also, could you check that you have the very last version of Hikashop (2.3.2), we fixed few issues with the login form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167008 by claratuckbones
Did you receive my login and password OK? Actually the site is down for another reason at the moment... should be up and running soon hopefully!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167040 by Jerome
Hi,

Sorry, we only have the password. The thread wasn't updated since the last time.
How did you send the credentials ?
Did you right use the "contact us" and provide the link to this exact thread ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167809 by claratuckbones
Well I thought I did. Did you not get my message? Am in sending the message wrongly? How should I send it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #167893 by nicolas
We received your first contact request 2 weeks ago with the login missing.
But we didn't receive anything since then.

Please try again: www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
And make sure that you also include a link to this thread when you send your website access details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #168484 by nicolas
Thank you for the access.
I was able to see the problem which is actually quite different from the problem of the other user on this thread even though the same error message is displaying.
On your end, the issue is that there is this CSS code:
tr#hikashop_registration_name_line{
display: none;
}
in the CSS file www.doofa.com/templates/doofa_4/css/default.css of your template which hides the name field of the registration form. But the name field is still there and the check for the value entered in that field is still there. Just hidding the field in CSS is not enough.
So either remove that CSS so that customers can fill in their name and it will work.
And if you don't want that field, instead of hidding it in CSS, you should rather change the option "registration" to "simplified registration with password" in the configuration of HikaShop. That will remove both the username and name fields of the registration form and it will still work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #170822 by claratuckbones
Thanks for you help with this, it certainly fixed this problem. However, I've realised that when you complete payment authorisation it jumps straight to the order confirmation page without going via PayPal. Do you think this might have something to do with the CSS changes I made or something else entirely? I've been looking on the forum for reasons why PayPal may not be working but can't see anything similar to my problem so far!

Thanks

Clare

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #170855 by Jerome
Hi,

CSS can't do such thing ; just not possible :)
Please open a new thread for this problem and please provide some screenshot of your configuration (checkout workflow, payment plugins configurations, etc).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum