Skip to main content

Voting Stars Doesn't Appear

More
14 years 6 months ago #43996 by hawkeyentjc
Hi,

I'm using the Gavick Yourshop template. In the latest version 1.5.7, I activated the voting star system. But in the product page, it doesn't appear as 5 stars. It appears only as dropdown. Is there any way to appear as 5 stars rather than a dropdown?

I wanted the vote connected with comment. However, there's no way to submit the comment because it keeps saying to vote, but regardless what you choose on the vote, still can't submit comment.

Here's the link to the demo page. Can you help to check it out?

www.thebookzhub.com/index.php?option=com...a-a-omega&Itemid=189

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #43997 by nicolas
Hi,

That's because you customized the CSS of HikaShop before updating to the latest version. So you didn't get the new CSS which displays the voting stars.
See here:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/43953...ng-system.html#43953
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugger101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #44056 by hawkeyentjc
Hi nicolas, thanks for your prompt reply.

Here's a few things:
1. I only customized the CSS after updating to 1.5.7. So when I checked the "Custom" Frontend CSS, they actually have the star votes CSS codes you gave through the link.
2. I tried by to switching back to the "default" FrontEnd CSS, the stars still doesn't appear.

Is there any more ways to troubleshoot this? Greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #44068 by Xavier
Hi,

I think this problem is due to the old version of Mootools which is installed on your Joomla.
Try to install mootools upgrade on your website and enable it.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Xavier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #44098 by hawkeyentjc
Hi Xavier,

I followed your suggestion and installed the Mootools upgrade and enabled it in the Plugin Manager. There's still no change to the situation.

Any more ways to go around this issue?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #44118 by Xavier
Are you sure that you enabled the plugin ?

Cause on your demo page : www.thebookzhub.com/index.php?option=com...omega&Itemid=189
I still see
Code:
var MooTools={version:'1.12'};
which is the old version of Mootools.

In Extensions > Plugin manager, check if the "System - Mootools Upgrade" plugin is enabled.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hawkeyentjc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #44152 by hawkeyentjc
Hi,

Somehow I've managed to get it to work. In this Gavick template, there's a K2Store plugin which is turned on. After I disabled it, the stars finally miraculously appeared. The K2Store plugin could caused some conflict perhaps with the Vote plugin?

Thanks for all the guide. At least it points me to the right direction! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum