- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
500 server error on image upload.
14 years 4 months ago #50942
by donzo
500 server error on image upload. was created by donzo
Hi,
I have a strange issue where I can not upload images properly. The odd thing is that sometimes it works ok, other times it fails completely, and others it uploads the image but corrupts it, so you get part of the image and the rest is pixel noise or tiled incorrect pieces of the image.
I get this error in the category manager page where the thumbnail should be (which just turns black).....
"
Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 374
Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: '/home/bulletcl/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/media/com_hikashop/upload/accessories_2019008533.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 374
Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 329
Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 363
"
It doesn't happen when I work locally using a MAMP server, so I guess its server. But what do I ask the hosting company to fix?
Thanks
I have a strange issue where I can not upload images properly. The odd thing is that sometimes it works ok, other times it fails completely, and others it uploads the image but corrupts it, so you get part of the image and the rest is pixel noise or tiled incorrect pieces of the image.
I get this error in the category manager page where the thumbnail should be (which just turns black).....
"
Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 374
Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: '/home/bulletcl/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/media/com_hikashop/upload/accessories_2019008533.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 374
Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 329
Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/subdomains/scubazone/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 363
"
It doesn't happen when I work locally using a MAMP server, so I guess its server. But what do I ask the hosting company to fix?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51010
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: 500 server error on image upload.
It could be because of the file size and the upload size or memory restrictions in place on your hosting.
It's indeed a problem with the hosting.
You will probably have to ask them to increase them, but they might not accept. It depends on the hosting company...
It's indeed a problem with the hosting.
You will probably have to ask them to increase them, but they might not accept. It depends on the hosting company...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51043
by donzo
Replied by donzo on topic Re: 500 server error on image upload.
Hi, I did some testing and it seems that it had something to do with the jpeg encoding of the images I was uploading. I just re-saved them as quality 60 and optimised and now they upload ok.
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51058
by donzo
Replied by donzo on topic Re: 500 server error on image upload.
I still can't find out why this is really happening. Some images load up ok, other don't. Even If I re-save, some don't work? Even if I copy and paste them into another document and save ?
Is there a way to purge out all the unused images from the media folder. Each attempt I make creates a new file and set of thumbnails.
Also, I have read this elsewhere, but are there any plans to have a file browser for image uploads that allows you to select an image already on the server. I have generic products that will use the same image, so I don't really want to have multiple sets of the same image, i.e. mask.jpg, then it creates mask-16527635.jpg etc.
Is there a way to purge out all the unused images from the media folder. Each attempt I make creates a new file and set of thumbnails.
Also, I have read this elsewhere, but are there any plans to have a file browser for image uploads that allows you to select an image already on the server. I have generic products that will use the same image, so I don't really want to have multiple sets of the same image, i.e. mask.jpg, then it creates mask-16527635.jpg etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51181
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: 500 server error on image upload.
The thumbnails have to be created automatically for listings. That's totally normal.
There is no need to purge them. They are deleted when you delete the images.
A file browser is in the todo list.
For now if you want to link an image to a product, you can go in the Products->Import screen and do an import from textarea with the text:
product_code,images
my_prod1,my_image.jpg
where my_prod1is the product code of your product and my_image.jpg the name of your image.
There is no need to purge them. They are deleted when you delete the images.
A file browser is in the todo list.
For now if you want to link an image to a product, you can go in the Products->Import screen and do an import from textarea with the text:
product_code,images
my_prod1,my_image.jpg
where my_prod1is the product code of your product and my_image.jpg the name of your image.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds