- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
Importing multiple images with excel csv file
- csanfilippo
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 3 months ago #54334
by csanfilippo
Importing multiple images with excel csv file was created by csanfilippo
Hello,
I've read through the documentation and posts.
When I add upload one image to the upload folder, and put the image name in the excel document everything works fin.
However when I tried to add an additional image, I am getting the stock image(the bar code) rather than my own images.
In excel, I tried separating the two image names by , and ; but neither option will work.
I either get the stock image of the bar code, or no images at all when I view the product page.
Is there something I am missing?
Thanks
I've read through the documentation and posts.
When I add upload one image to the upload folder, and put the image name in the excel document everything works fin.
However when I tried to add an additional image, I am getting the stock image(the bar code) rather than my own images.
In excel, I tried separating the two image names by , and ; but neither option will work.
I either get the stock image of the bar code, or no images at all when I view the product page.
Is there something I am missing?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #54353
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
Hi,
That works fine on our end. Separating by a comma or a semi colon should work.
Could you give your CSV so that we can see what you did ?
That works fine on our end. Separating by a comma or a semi colon should work.
Could you give your CSV so that we can see what you did ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- csanfilippo
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 3 months ago #54388
by csanfilippo
Replied by csanfilippo on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
I have no Idea why but now it's working!
Here is what I was entering into my excel sheet under the "images" column,
Samsung-Galaxy-S-Blaze-4G1.jpg,blaze4g.jpg
Here is what I was entering into my excel sheet under the "images" column,
Samsung-Galaxy-S-Blaze-4G1.jpg,blaze4g.jpg
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- csanfilippo
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 3 months ago #54650
by csanfilippo
Replied by csanfilippo on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
Ok I'm having issues again.
Everything was fine, then I deleted one a category and after I re-uploaded the csv, the images are the standard bar-code picture again.
Here is the link to the page
phonequote.org/index.php/priceguide/sprint
I have attached a screenshot of my csv (ms-dos)
Everything was fine, then I deleted one a category and after I re-uploaded the csv, the images are the standard bar-code picture again.
Here is the link to the page
phonequote.org/index.php/priceguide/sprint
I have attached a screenshot of my csv (ms-dos)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #54697
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
I think that maybe your problem comes from the case of your images. You should try to put your images name in lower case. That might help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- csanfilippo
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #58326
by csanfilippo
Replied by csanfilippo on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
For some reason it's still not working.
Windows automatically makes the first letter of the word capital when I edit the name.
In the excel doc, I made the image names all lower case, and no luck.
I also tried making just the first letter capitalized but still no luck.
I shortened all the image names and removed any characters like underscores....
I am so frustrated, especially because it was working before!
I have uploaded the images to the correct place, media-com hikashop/upload
What do think is the issue?
Here is a screen shot of the excel doc and the back end of the product page
Windows automatically makes the first letter of the word capital when I edit the name.
In the excel doc, I made the image names all lower case, and no luck.
I also tried making just the first letter capitalized but still no luck.
I shortened all the image names and removed any characters like underscores....
I am so frustrated, especially because it was working before!
I have uploaded the images to the correct place, media-com hikashop/upload
What do think is the issue?
Here is a screen shot of the excel doc and the back end of the product page
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- csanfilippo
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #58388
by csanfilippo
Replied by csanfilippo on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
After playing around with this, it seems that hikashop doesn't like to import images when their file names have any capitals or numbers.
I tried renaming all the files with a batch renamer to make all letters lowercase,
and then changed the excel doc to have all lowercase letters but still no luck
This may be because there were still numbers in the image file names, but i am not 100% on that.
Also for anyone reading this, take not that the file that you upload must match the case of the file name in the Excel doc.
So what I did was:
downloaded all the images again, and when saving them, I used all lowercase letters,no numbers or smybols.
Then I uploaded the updated csv file.
All images are displaying properly.
I had to do this the hard way because my original image names were all random.
I had no simple way to determine which image file was associated with each product since there are about 300 products.
I tried renaming all the files with a batch renamer to make all letters lowercase,
and then changed the excel doc to have all lowercase letters but still no luck
This may be because there were still numbers in the image file names, but i am not 100% on that.
Also for anyone reading this, take not that the file that you upload must match the case of the file name in the Excel doc.
So what I did was:
downloaded all the images again, and when saving them, I used all lowercase letters,no numbers or smybols.
Then I uploaded the updated csv file.
All images are displaying properly.
I had to do this the hard way because my original image names were all random.
I had no simple way to determine which image file was associated with each product since there are about 300 products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58428
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
Thank you for your feedback.
Indeed, we recommend that you use lowercase file names as otherwise it wouldn't display properly the images on some configuration.
Indeed, we recommend that you use lowercase file names as otherwise it wouldn't display properly the images on some configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #225969
by theguy
Replied by theguy on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
Hi Nicolas,
[strike]Sorry to bring up such an old post but I've encountered an issue when trying to import a CSV file with over a thousand products. Each image file name is the sku number (product code) of the product. None of the images was imported. I've followed this video tutorial and nothing:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAoHFcZ4E-g [/strike]
Never mind, I see my mistake now. The files were uploaded to the wrong folder.
Any suggestions please?
Thank you in advance,
Guy.
[strike]Sorry to bring up such an old post but I've encountered an issue when trying to import a CSV file with over a thousand products. Each image file name is the sku number (product code) of the product. None of the images was imported. I've followed this video tutorial and nothing:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAoHFcZ4E-g [/strike]
Never mind, I see my mistake now. The files were uploaded to the wrong folder.
Any suggestions please?
Thank you in advance,
Guy.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by theguy.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226050
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
Hi,
So I guess that you no more need suggestions ?
So I guess that you no more need suggestions ?
Any suggestions please?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226128
by theguy
Replied by theguy on topic Re: Importing multiple images with excel csv file
No, thank you. I love Hikashop, I really do
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds