- Posts: 65
- Thank you received: 0
No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
14 years 3 months ago #55889
by phamosa
No translation of "ADD TO CART" button was created by phamosa
On the German version of my shop (
www.rufrecords.de/index.php?option=com_h...g&Itemid=409&lang=de
), the only thing not translated is the button ADD TO CART. How can I have it in German?
How can I translate the customer emails into German for the German version (order confirmation email etc.)?
Thank you!
How can I translate the customer emails into German for the German version (order confirmation email etc.)?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #55950
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
Hi,
The add to cart button is translated.
The problem is that you added custom CSS in the front end CSS file of HikaShop:
.hikashop_product_stock .hikashop_cart_input_button {
display: block;
width: 120px;
height: 27px;
background:
transparent url(../images/addtocart.png) 0 0 no-repeat;
text-indent: -9999px;
border: none;
margin: 0 auto;
cursor: pointer;
}
That button replaces the normal button by an image and your image is a button with the text in english inside the image.
You should do your button CSS differently.
Remove the line text-indent: -9999px; and remove the text from the image. That way the hikashop text of the button will display on top of the button image. And it will be translated automatically.
All the HikaShop emails are already translated.
I tried an order on your website and got the order creation email in German.
For the order confirmation email, if you manually validate the order from the back end, please make sure that you are logged in with the back end interface in German as the system will send the email based on it.
The add to cart button is translated.
The problem is that you added custom CSS in the front end CSS file of HikaShop:
.hikashop_product_stock .hikashop_cart_input_button {
display: block;
width: 120px;
height: 27px;
background:
transparent url(../images/addtocart.png) 0 0 no-repeat;
text-indent: -9999px;
border: none;
margin: 0 auto;
cursor: pointer;
}
That button replaces the normal button by an image and your image is a button with the text in english inside the image.
You should do your button CSS differently.
Remove the line text-indent: -9999px; and remove the text from the image. That way the hikashop text of the button will display on top of the button image. And it will be translated automatically.
All the HikaShop emails are already translated.
I tried an order on your website and got the order creation email in German.
For the order confirmation email, if you manually validate the order from the back end, please make sure that you are logged in with the back end interface in German as the system will send the email based on it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56288
by phamosa
Replied by phamosa on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
Thank you for the reply, I understand the problem and I'd like to fix it!
I just cannot find the addtocart.png in my directory! Can you tell me what comes in front of the images/addtocart.png?
I just cannot find the addtocart.png in my directory! Can you tell me what comes in front of the images/addtocart.png?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56347
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
It's media/com_hikashop/images
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56422
by phamosa
Replied by phamosa on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
Thank you, I found it and changed it! Another problem now, when I want to click on the button, the word ADD TO CART / WARENKORB disappears (mouse-over). I'd like to have the mouse-over orange then as it was before.. How can I manage?
Thank you!
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56475
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
You have the same line of code in that CSS:
.hikashop_product_stock .hikashop_cart_input_button:hover {
width: 120px;
height: 27px;
background: transparent url(../images/addtocart.png) 0 -27px no-repeat;
text-indent: -9999px;
border: none;
}
remove it and it will display the text on hover.
.hikashop_product_stock .hikashop_cart_input_button:hover {
width: 120px;
height: 27px;
background: transparent url(../images/addtocart.png) 0 -27px no-repeat;
text-indent: -9999px;
border: none;
}
remove it and it will display the text on hover.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56504
by phamosa
Replied by phamosa on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
Thank you! But this does completely eliminate the hover! I would like to have the template color (orange) on hover.. how can I do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56542
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
You need to change the image for the hover CSS code.
So you should have that:
.hikashop_product_stock .hikashop_cart_input_button:hover {
width: 120px;
height: 27px;
background: transparent url(../images/addtocart-orange.png) 0 -27px no-repeat;
border: none;
}
and make sure that you have the addtocart-orange.png image.
But if you were able to have the add to cart buttons already personnalized with CSS like that, you should be able to personnalize that CSS yourself...
So you should have that:
.hikashop_product_stock .hikashop_cart_input_button:hover {
width: 120px;
height: 27px;
background: transparent url(../images/addtocart-orange.png) 0 -27px no-repeat;
border: none;
}
and make sure that you have the addtocart-orange.png image.
But if you were able to have the add to cart buttons already personnalized with CSS like that, you should be able to personnalize that CSS yourself...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56545
by phamosa
Replied by phamosa on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
Sorry, it was not me who personalized the shop but a colleague of mine who is not available at the moment. I'm not so much of an expert as you might notice 
Now I will try my luck and create the orange button. As far as I understand, the whole button will become orange when mouse-over, not the writing as it was before.
Thanks for your patience!
Now I will try my luck and create the orange button. As far as I understand, the whole button will become orange when mouse-over, not the writing as it was before.
Thanks for your patience!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56804
by phamosa
Replied by phamosa on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56831
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
The image does not exist on your website:
www.rufrecords.de/media/com_hikashop/ima...addtocart-orange.png
www.rufrecords.de/media/com_hikashop/ima...addtocart-orange.png
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56863
by phamosa
Replied by phamosa on topic Re: No translation of "ADD TO CART" button
okay, got it! I had put it into another folder!
thank you again!!
thank you again!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds