Skip to main content

Product listing display

More
14 years 2 months ago #56794 by Huski
I am wanting to put the word "from" in front of the price on the product listing page - when I click on a category and it brings up the list of products under that category.

This is the code I have put (I am not a coder)

<!-- PRODUCT PRICE -->
<?php
}
if($this->params->get('show_price')){
$this->setLayout('listing_price');
echo "<strong>from</strong>".$this->loadTemplate();
}
?>

But on the front end it puts the word "from" then puts the price 2 lines below

How can I put the word directly in front of the price?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #56827 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product listing display
You should do your modification in the file "listing_price" and not the "listing_img_title" view file.
There you can directly put it next to the product:

if(empty($this->element->prices)) echo 'from ';
echo $this->currencyHelper->format($price->price_value_with_tax,$price->price_currency_id);

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #56839 by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Re: Product listing display
Thanks - I can get the word from in front of the price but its doing the same thing as if it I am putting the word from in the PRICE BEGINNING in the language file.

I am only wanting the word from to show on the product listing as I have products with options. But the word from is also showing in the mini cart and in the checkout cart as well.

Can I just force it to show on the product_listing results on its own?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #56865 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product listing display
Ah yes, I didn't think of the cart display.
Try like that instead:

if(empty($this->element->prices)&&($_GET=='listing'||@$this->module)) echo 'from ';
echo $this->currencyHelper->format($price->price_value_with_tax,$price->price_currency_id);

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #56876 by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Re: Product listing display
Thanks
I sort of got it working after a few errors but its still placing 'from' everywhere.

I'm not sure which lines I am supposed to replace with your code exactly. I was sort of taking a guess. Does it just go in as new lines or replace existing code? I add as new code but I get the word from and the main price showing $0.00 then the option price which is what I am using.

So still confused :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #56915 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product listing display
Hi,

The line :
if(empty($this->element->prices)&&($_GET=='listing'||@$this->module)) echo 'from ';

should be placed before the line:
echo $this->currencyHelper->format($price->price_value_with_tax,$price->price_currency_id);

I don't see how that code would still display everywhere though.
Maybe without the ||@$this->module it would help ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #56967 by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Re: Product listing display
Great - thanks.
I am still getting the 'from' in the mini cart module but not in the checkout process.
Removed ||@$this->module and 'from' doesn't appear at all anymore so have put it back for now.
It's just the mini-cart where there is now an issue.

It might be worth adding the ability to put the word from in a product listing in the language file. No need for it in the mini cart or checkout. I have a lot of products which have basic price and have options - the
'from' tells the customer that is the cheapest price even if it isn't as options are required.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57009 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product listing display
Then edit the file "cart" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add the line:
$this->module = false;

after the first <?php tag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57358 by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Re: Product listing display
Thanks - this worked for the mini-cart. But I notice the word "from" is also showing in the featured products module I have.

I haven't add a related products sections as well yet but assume this would also show the word "from" if I add that module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57414 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product listing display
Yes.
Is that a problem ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57446 by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Re: Product listing display
Now that I think about it - its not a problem :)
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum