- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
questions on characteristics
14 years 2 months ago #58041
by dyenamic
questions on characteristics was created by dyenamic
I need some direction I have a product that has 5 different sizes small, med etc and then each size has a color however all sizes don't have the same color options but there are alot of color options.
I have the main product and then for characteristics I have
size drop down
color drop down
I want the user to display the size drop down and then the colors for that size to be shown in the color dropdown, no matter what I try I get out of stock message for the variant options that are not available. How do I make it so the second drop down of color will only show the available colors in that size
What is the best way to do this?
I have the main product and then for characteristics I have
size drop down
color drop down
I want the user to display the size drop down and then the colors for that size to be shown in the color dropdown, no matter what I try I get out of stock message for the variant options that are not available. How do I make it so the second drop down of color will only show the available colors in that size
What is the best way to do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58111
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: questions on characteristics
The simplest is to not use dropdowns but a 2 dimensional table display. You can change that with the option "Characteristics selection method" of the Display tab of the configuration.
That way, users will only be able to select existing variants.
That way, users will only be able to select existing variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds