- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
Bug Report - Currency Sign Display
14 years 2 months ago #59012
by evolution
Bug Report - Currency Sign Display was created by evolution
I’m trying to modify my local currency to display more like USD (without the ISO CCY code prefix).
I changed the format to be “%n” and I found that the preview looked odd “$123,456.78 / $-123,456.78”. I would have expected “-$123,456.78” for negatives.
I noted that the “Negative sign position” field was set to “4 Sign before symbol” as I would expect. When I change this to “3 Sign after symbol” I get “-$123,456.78”. It would appear that the 2 options are swapped around.
For testing purposes, I set “Sign for positive values” to “+” and set “Positive sign position” to “3 Sign after symbol” so I could see what happens elsewhere and found that this display anomaly also occurred throughout.
This is probably a low priority because negative numbers are seldom used and positive numbers normally don’t have a sign.
I changed the format to be “%n” and I found that the preview looked odd “$123,456.78 / $-123,456.78”. I would have expected “-$123,456.78” for negatives.
I noted that the “Negative sign position” field was set to “4 Sign before symbol” as I would expect. When I change this to “3 Sign after symbol” I get “-$123,456.78”. It would appear that the 2 options are swapped around.
For testing purposes, I set “Sign for positive values” to “+” and set “Positive sign position” to “3 Sign after symbol” so I could see what happens elsewhere and found that this display anomaly also occurred throughout.
This is probably a low priority because negative numbers are seldom used and positive numbers normally don’t have a sign.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59074
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Bug Report - Currency Sign Display
Thank you for the feedback. It's a translation issue.
We'll change that for next release.
We'll change that for next release.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds