Main description disappears with characteristics
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #61554
by rikatos
Main description disappears with characteristics was created by rikatos
Hi there.
I created one product.
This product has 2 characteristics . Colour and version.
I love the way it cleverly creates the variants of these properly now , kudos !
BUT, it seems that the description I put in for the main product does now not show if I have variant. Do I have to copy this description across them all ?
I'm sure before it would just use the default (main) description if there was none in the variant ?
I created one product.
This product has 2 characteristics . Colour and version.
I love the way it cleverly creates the variants of these properly now , kudos !
BUT, it seems that the description I put in for the main product does now not show if I have variant. Do I have to copy this description across them all ?
I'm sure before it would just use the default (main) description if there was none in the variant ?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by rikatos.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #61566
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Main description disappears with characteristics
Hi,
It was a bug induced by the new Hikashop version. Here is the fixed show.php
Just replace the old file in components\com_hikashop\views\product\tmpl with this one and it should fix everything
It was a bug induced by the new Hikashop version. Here is the fixed show.php
Just replace the old file in components\com_hikashop\views\product\tmpl with this one and it should fix everything
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Eliot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: watashi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62129
by watashi
Replied by watashi on topic Re: Main description disappears with characteristics
I had the same issue. However, this solution does not work for me.
I have unzipped and uploaded new show.php, created main description for product and removed all descriptions from variants.
As result, when I see product in the shop, it comes with no description (description is empty).
I made sure that a newer version of show.php has been properly uploaded and replaced the original file.
I have also tried to create a new product from scratch same as SHIRT on your demo site, but it still does not work for me.
BUT! I tried it on Hikashop's demo site and it works there! But not with my version..
I have unzipped and uploaded new show.php, created main description for product and removed all descriptions from variants.
As result, when I see product in the shop, it comes with no description (description is empty).
I made sure that a newer version of show.php has been properly uploaded and replaced the original file.
I have also tried to create a new product from scratch same as SHIRT on your demo site, but it still does not work for me.
BUT! I tried it on Hikashop's demo site and it works there! But not with my version..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62181
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Main description disappears with characteristics
Could you please post a link of where this is happening?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62188
by watashi
Replied by watashi on topic Re: Main description disappears with characteristics
I have PMed the link to you.
(As you know, my site is set off-line, so you need access credentials to see it)
(As you know, my site is set off-line, so you need access credentials to see it)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62243
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Main description disappears with characteristics
Hi,
Since you overrided the show.php view, The copyed file wasn't used the one used.
I just replaced your old view (display>views>show.php for the template rt_voxel) and it solved the problem
Since you overrided the show.php view, The copyed file wasn't used the one used.
I just replaced your old view (display>views>show.php for the template rt_voxel) and it solved the problem
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62276
by watashi
Replied by watashi on topic Re: Main description disappears with characteristics
Eliot, that was so easy! Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds