Skip to main content

How to change default state and country in registr

More
14 years 1 month ago #61934 by trogladyte
I have changed everything I can find to USA as the default country, but, whenever someone completes a new registration, then the state shows "Rhone" and the country "France". How do I get the state to be, at least, blank and the country to be United States of America?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61935 by nicolas
In the menu Display->Custom fields, you can edit the default value of these fields.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ronvonck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61936 by trogladyte
Awesome thank you! That's one problem down! B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #120075 by Konc
Hi. I changed default country to Slovenia, but when I am tryng now to set default state there are still only states from France in dropdown. There are also only states from France in the dropdown of registration form eventhough the country is Slovenia. It must be a bug in new version because I never had that problem in previous one.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Konc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120084 by Eliot
Hi there,
which version are you using? The last one is 2.2.0 and we didn't hear about such a bug yet.
Could you try to save you country custom field again then retry the state one?
Also, try to reinstall the last package available on our website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: twhcreations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120133 by Konc
Hi. I am using the last one (2.2.0) and yes, I tried to save country custom field numerous times and in state custom field there are still only France states availiable in the dropdown. If you wont be able to find a solution I suggest that you registrate on the site: www.smrekovit.com/smrekovit2013 and I will give you administrator permissions and you can look for yourself. I really have no idea what to do about that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120227 by nicolas
Hi,

That's indeed quite strange since it's working fine for us and all the other users in the latest version. I've reproduced the problem on your website and created an account so that we can look at your backend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120229 by Konc
Great. I already gave "super user" permissions to your account. Please take a look. It is really flustrating me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120238 by nicolas
I've uploaded a patched version of HikaShop on your website and it fixed the problem.
The patch will be included in next version of HikaShop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Konc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #120240 by Konc
Thank you very much. I will leave your user permissions in case if I will have another issue until my site is finished... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #128947 by Poltoo
In my custom field state, i dont have the default value option. however, i see that option for country field.

So my default state is always set as Rhone...i unpublished all other states by New York, so now on the registration/checkout page...im not showing any state...

Please help..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #129005 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

Firstly, can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it, and try it again ? Also, could you try to save you country custom field again then retry the state one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #133910 by jdean
I'm also having this problem. I'm using version 2.2.2 and I disabled all zones except United States of America and the 50 contiguous states and in the registration form on the front end, no state box shows. So I enabled Rhone and now a state box shows up but only Rhone shows up to pick from. When I go to menu>display>custom fields and try to change the default state it only shows me Rhone and I can't put anything else in as a default. My country is set to default United States of America.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #133920 by nicolas
Please set the default value of the address_country field and SAVE it. Then, you will see the states of your country in the address_state field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #133923 by jdean
The address_country is set to default value United States of America but the address_state only shows Rhone and won't let me change it. Thanks Nicloas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #133927 by nicolas
Please set the default value of the address_country field and SAVE it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #133930 by jdean
Okay, sorry Nicolas. I didn't think I had to save it if it already showed United States Of America but I saved it and it works. Thanks so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135239 by adambako
im selling worldwide and i need different solution for this issue..

now i can set the default country and state but its always the same..
is there any way to get one of these solutions?

1. no default country (and state).. just empty, and customer need to choose one
2. automaticly detect default country with geo plugin

thnaks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135257 by nicolas
You can just turn on the option "Add a 'Please select' value" of your custom fields via the menu Display>Custom fields for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum