- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
templating - how can I do this..?
14 years 3 days ago #67521
by Symbiot
templating - how can I do this..? was created by Symbiot
hi
how can I make my frontpage (or any other page) of hikashop like this:
www.thegreenmachineonline.com/shop/aquatics
the product categories are nicely divided into squares etc...
possible?
how can I make my frontpage (or any other page) of hikashop like this:
www.thegreenmachineonline.com/shop/aquatics
the product categories are nicely divided into squares etc...
possible?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 3 days ago #67523
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: templating - how can I do this..?
Hi,
Yes I think that it should be possible by adding some CSS or/and editing some views
.
Yes I think that it should be possible by adding some CSS or/and editing some views
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 days ago #67533
by Symbiot
Replied by Symbiot on topic Re: templating - how can I do this..?
Hi Mohamed..
I agree.. but I need much more help.... I find the editing of hikashop layout very difficult to understand... so any detailed help will be very much appreciated.
I agree.. but I need much more help.... I find the editing of hikashop layout very difficult to understand... so any detailed help will be very much appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 days ago #67600
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: templating - how can I do this..?
To have a listing of categories in squares with 3 categories per line like that on your homepage, it's quite easy.
You don't need to edit any code.
Go in the menu manager of joomla in the "Hikashop default menus" menu and set the "categories listing" menu as 'home' menu.
Then, click on the "hikashop options" link of that menu and check the options:
number of columns -> 3
border -> yes
number of elements -> what you want per page
layout type -> div
margin -> 0px
Show sub categories -> all direct sub categories
..etc..
And voilà. You will now have a a category listing on your home page which looks roughly like the one of your link.
You don't need to edit any code.
Go in the menu manager of joomla in the "Hikashop default menus" menu and set the "categories listing" menu as 'home' menu.
Then, click on the "hikashop options" link of that menu and check the options:
number of columns -> 3
border -> yes
number of elements -> what you want per page
layout type -> div
margin -> 0px
Show sub categories -> all direct sub categories
..etc..
And voilà. You will now have a a category listing on your home page which looks roughly like the one of your link.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds