- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
Simple URL to category listing
- SteveEvans
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 11 months ago #69855
by SteveEvans
Simple URL to category listing was created by SteveEvans
Can anyone help me create a url to a HikaShop category listing (ie all the products in one category). I can do this via a menu fine, but in one page I need to proved a URL instead.. obviously something like:
rather than
Many thanks
Steve
Code:
<a href="index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing">Clothing</a>
rather than
Code:
<a href="/myshop/productname">Clothing</a>
Many thanks
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 11 months ago #69859
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Simple URL to category listing
Hi Steve,
You should maybe :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main"
- Use "Simplified breadcrumbs" and "Activate smaller url" options
Hope this will help you.
You should maybe :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main"
- Use "Simplified breadcrumbs" and "Activate smaller url" options
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SteveEvans
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
13 years 11 months ago #69861
by SteveEvans
Replied by SteveEvans on topic Re: Simple URL to category listing
Hi Mohamed,
Yes, these are enabled. I have no problem with the URL's which are SEF etc
My question is actually probably simpler than you think.
I want to add a URL in an article that will get me all the products in a category in HikaShop. I could of course just put
but if I change the category name or the menu item that links here then the link will no longer work.
Instead I thought it might be possible to code into the article something like
which will always result in the link going to that category ID and getting all the products, (the same as my menu item does).
Steve
Yes, these are enabled. I have no problem with the URL's which are SEF etc
My question is actually probably simpler than you think.
I want to add a URL in an article that will get me all the products in a category in HikaShop. I could of course just put
Code:
<a href="/shop/category-name">Category name</a>
Instead I thought it might be possible to code into the article something like
Code:
<a href="index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&categoryID=32">Category name</a>
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70031
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Simple URL to category listing
yes you can use such links:
<a href="index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&cid=32&Itemid=XXX">Category name</a>
where 32 is your category id and XXX is the id of a category listing menu from which HikaShop will use the display options for the listing.
<a href="index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&cid=32&Itemid=XXX">Category name</a>
where 32 is your category id and XXX is the id of a category listing menu from which HikaShop will use the display options for the listing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SteveEvans
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
13 years 11 months ago #70241
by SteveEvans
Replied by SteveEvans on topic Re: Simple URL to category listing
Thanks for the response.
For anyone else tryining this, it kind of works - in that the link Nicolas suggests will get you to the correct listing, but I was hoping Joomla would also translate it into the menu item path. It doesn't - it gives you something like shop/clothing/category/cid-13
ie you have a menu called 'shop' which has a sub item called 'clothing' and the link that Jooomla creates from that menu item uses the menu item name ie yourswebsite.com/shop/clothing
On another page on the site I wanted to create a link to yourswebsite.com/shop/clothing without hard-coding the /shop/clothing bit (in case the naming changes to say 'mens clothing' in a year or so)
It isn't a big deal, and is probably my basic understanding of Joomla that is at fault.
Steve
For anyone else tryining this, it kind of works - in that the link Nicolas suggests will get you to the correct listing, but I was hoping Joomla would also translate it into the menu item path. It doesn't - it gives you something like shop/clothing/category/cid-13
ie you have a menu called 'shop' which has a sub item called 'clothing' and the link that Jooomla creates from that menu item uses the menu item name ie yourswebsite.com/shop/clothing
On another page on the site I wanted to create a link to yourswebsite.com/shop/clothing without hard-coding the /shop/clothing bit (in case the naming changes to say 'mens clothing' in a year or so)
It isn't a big deal, and is probably my basic understanding of Joomla that is at fault.
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds