- Posts: 70
- Thank you received: 4
Changing price display
13 years 8 months ago #84792
by gidgie
Changing price display was created by gidgie
HI guys,
How do I change AUD to $ and add space after it??? Would like to do that in every instance where the price is displayed.
How do I change AUD to $ and add space after it??? Would like to do that in every instance where the price is displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 8 months ago #84811
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Changing price display
Hi,
1. You can change your currency through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->main->'Main currency'"
2.You should :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Language"
- Edit your translation file
- Add some space to the PRICE_END translation word.
Hope this will help you.
1. You can change your currency through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->main->'Main currency'"
2.You should :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Language"
- Edit your translation file
- Add some space to the PRICE_END translation word.
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #168668
by maxoid
Replied by maxoid on topic Changing price display
Update with better info...
I have since found that the correct way to do this is under currency information>Locale information>Format... change %i to %n which now displays the symbol.
%i shows the currency code i.e. GBP
%n shows the currency symbol i.e. £
To archieve a space between the symbol and the price field I added the space in the symbol field ie my symbol field has $ and a press of the spacebar
Thanks Moderator the question wasn't how do I change the default currency but how to change the display from showing AUD to showing (read echo to screen) the symbol type $ (not USD)
What worked was to change under currency information - code replace AUD with $(and press spacebar to insert a space). I have no idea what this will change in the currency conversion stuff but I now have the $ symbol and a space displayed on the cart instead of AUD in front of every product.
I have since found that the correct way to do this is under currency information>Locale information>Format... change %i to %n which now displays the symbol.
%i shows the currency code i.e. GBP
%n shows the currency symbol i.e. £
To archieve a space between the symbol and the price field I added the space in the symbol field ie my symbol field has $ and a press of the spacebar
Thanks Moderator the question wasn't how do I change the default currency but how to change the display from showing AUD to showing (read echo to screen) the symbol type $ (not USD)
What worked was to change under currency information - code replace AUD with $(and press spacebar to insert a space). I have no idea what this will change in the currency conversion stuff but I now have the $ symbol and a space displayed on the cart instead of AUD in front of every product.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by maxoid. Reason: better info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds