Product Table not responsve
13 years 1 month ago #117408
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Product Table not responsve was created by sambob
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
magnet.com.au/rare-earth-magnets-neodymium-blocks.html
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.1.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
Hi, For some reason the product tables are not being responsive and are not resizing to the smaller widths.
See here:
magnet.com.au/rare-earth-magnets-neodymium-blocks.html
It appears that the product image size is some how/where fixed and not resizing - thus pushing the RHS of the table off the page and under the menu.
Any hints on this Greatly appreciated.
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.1.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
Hi, For some reason the product tables are not being responsive and are not resizing to the smaller widths.
See here:
magnet.com.au/rare-earth-magnets-neodymium-blocks.html
It appears that the product image size is some how/where fixed and not resizing - thus pushing the RHS of the table off the page and under the menu.
Any hints on this Greatly appreciated.
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #117481
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Product Table not responsve
Hi,
I think that the problem is coming from your template, so you should probably use some CSS code like Media queries properties.
I think that the problem is coming from your template, so you should probably use some CSS code like Media queries properties.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #117489
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Replied by sambob on topic Product Table not responsve
Hi Mohamed, thanks for reply
Template (which I use on several sites) is responsive.
Also, if you look at:
Category view
magnet.com.au/rare-earth-magnets-neodymium.html
and
Product View:
magnet.com.au/300/ferrite-pot-magnet-40mm-x-8mm
They display responsive but the Product Table is not so I must be Hikashop template that is creating the problem.
Any thoughts to correct?
Template (which I use on several sites) is responsive.
Also, if you look at:
Category view
magnet.com.au/rare-earth-magnets-neodymium.html
and
Product View:
magnet.com.au/300/ferrite-pot-magnet-40mm-x-8mm
They display responsive but the Product Table is not so I must be Hikashop template that is creating the problem.
Any thoughts to correct?
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #117492
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Replied by sambob on topic Product Table not responsve
ok...
I turned off frontend custom css and it is back to being reponsive. (I should have done that originally) and it has restored some responsiveness BUT
The product image in the table is not resizing as it should.
Any suggestions?
I turned off frontend custom css and it is back to being reponsive. (I should have done that originally) and it has restored some responsiveness BUT
The product image in the table is not resizing as it should.
Any suggestions?
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sambob. Reason: correcting result
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #117544
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Table not responsve
Hi,
You have to edit the view "product / listing_table" and change the size for the image part.
Actually it's set in "px" so, it's not responsive.
By default a table is not really adapted for the responsive designs.
You have to edit the view "product / listing_table" and change the size for the image part.
Actually it's set in "px" so, it's not responsive.
By default a table is not really adapted for the responsive designs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #117606
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Replied by sambob on topic Product Table not responsve
Hi Xavier, thanks for your reply, greatly appreciated.
I looked into that file and cannot see any actual pixel dimensions for image/s, but I did find a reference to px here.
<?php if($this->config->get('thumbnail')){ ?>
<td class="hikashop_product_image_row">
<div style="height:<?php echo $divHeight;?>px;text-align:center;clear:both;" class="hikashop_product_image">
<div style="position:relative;text-align:center;clear:both;width:<?php echo $divWidth;?>px;margin: auto;" class="hikashop_product_image_subdiv">
What needs to be edited here?
I looked into that file and cannot see any actual pixel dimensions for image/s, but I did find a reference to px here.
<?php if($this->config->get('thumbnail')){ ?>
<td class="hikashop_product_image_row">
<div style="height:<?php echo $divHeight;?>px;text-align:center;clear:both;" class="hikashop_product_image">
<div style="position:relative;text-align:center;clear:both;width:<?php echo $divWidth;?>px;margin: auto;" class="hikashop_product_image_subdiv">
What needs to be edited here?
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sambob.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #117607
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Replied by sambob on topic Product Table not responsve
ok...
Changed px to %.
Change image size (in config) to 100x1oo
Looks like it is resizing but will need to tweak other things affected by the 100 x 100 size that is rendering as px.
Changed px to %.
Change image size (in config) to 100x1oo
Looks like it is resizing but will need to tweak other things affected by the 100 x 100 size that is rendering as px.
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #117794
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Replied by sambob on topic Product Table not responsve
Ok,
I think I have it:
magnet.com.au/
The % seems to work... still a few glitches but I think that is the appreoach.
Thanks.
I think I have it:
magnet.com.au/
The % seems to work... still a few glitches but I think that is the appreoach.
Thanks.
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #117852
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Table not responsve
Hi,
Yes they must work
But you have to check if there is no more "px" in the parent containers.
Yes they must work
But you have to check if there is no more "px" in the parent containers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #117973
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Replied by sambob on topic Product Table not responsve
Thanks Xavier,
ok.. here is my challenge...
if I set % for table display images, then the images will take on the dimension set in configuration, correct?
So if I set images dimension to 145 x 145, the image in the table will be 145 x 145%
So if I set images to 100 x 100, they display and resize perfectly.. BUT .. in the front category display (div) they are VERY small.
How can I have them display properly in both?
Is there a way to modify $divWidth;?>%; so I can force it to only be 66% in that instance?
So with that, a 150 x 150 image would display at 100 wide.
ok.. here is my challenge...
if I set % for table display images, then the images will take on the dimension set in configuration, correct?
So if I set images dimension to 145 x 145, the image in the table will be 145 x 145%
So if I set images to 100 x 100, they display and resize perfectly.. BUT .. in the front category display (div) they are VERY small.
How can I have them display properly in both?
Is there a way to modify $divWidth;?>%; so I can force it to only be 66% in that instance?
So with that, a 150 x 150 image would display at 100 wide.
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #118002
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Table not responsve
You can let the parameters as default, and in listing_table set a width which will override the value of the config.
It can be done too via css, just apply the modifications on the good classes and force your css property thanks to "!important".
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
It can be done too via css, just apply the modifications on the good classes and force your css property thanks to "!important".
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds