Skip to main content

Width of HS product listing

More
13 years 1 month ago #117823 by vaclav
Hello,

the list of products of my HS is not completely on whole width of the site. How can I make it wide the same as the template? The cart, product details etc are all the full width. Please check the attached file for reference.

Thanks
Vaclav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #118058 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

You'll be able to do it with some CSS customization, you can give me a link to that page if you want more precision about the CSS code to apply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #136875 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
Using this CSS code will probably do the job :
Code:
.hikashop_products .hikashop_product { width: 25% !important; }
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vaclav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #137250 by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Width of HS product listing
thanks. but where should I insert it exactly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #137270 by lionel75
go to file system and use a tool to find a file with *.css extension and that contain on of this string hikashop_products or hikashop_product.
this string must already exist since it must be define elsewhere .
Because important ! is use it mean this code already exist somewhere ( in frontend_default.css ? )
in this file code paste the selector definition where ever you want (important to take care of order ) .
make sure the css file you find by this way is load in the client browser when you load the list of product .
refer to the hikashop demo page the css file name can be locate in media/com_hikashop\css\frontend_default.css or frontend_custom.css
CSS recommandation style guide is to put non hikashop code to another css file of name front_end_custom.css but be shure that Hikashop is set to load this file .

The link (CSS) give by Mohamed thelji show a capture screen that show that default css is load ( frontend_defautl.css)
Component -> hikashop -> Configuration
then display ( tab) -> CSS ( field border) -> FrontEnd File set to default ( list )

the link " Easily adapt HikaShop to your template with Styles" ll not help you .
The best way to learn is to do it once by yourself and then buy any template since you know howto write a template .
understand template need understand html stream , css and joomla cms .


regard's
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by lionel75.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliot, Mohamed Thelji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #138733 by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Width of HS product listing
Thanks for help. I havent found how to do it yet but will try it. I am not good at css so it is not easy for me.

Anyway - I have this problem on each installation of HikaShop - this is on each web I make. Even if I use bought template, use clear installation of joomla and HikaShop only without any configuration (clear Joomla and HS installation) or with template created in 3rd party software. Maybe there is a problem on HS side as I do not configure anything and always have this problem.

Thanks

Vaclav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #138770 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
Did you tried the CSS code that I gave you ? Also, note that you'll be able to use it by adding it through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display->Front-end CSS File".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #141438 by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Width of HS product listing
Hello Mohamed,

thank you.

I tried to add it but nothing worked. Could you please let me know exactly the place where I sould insert it? Maybe I inserted into a wrong place.

The address is rhox.cz

Thanks
Vaclav
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by vaclav.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #141463 by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Width of HS product listing
Hi there,

Just add it at the end of the CSS file in Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display->Front-end CSS File and make sure you save this file and use it for the front end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vaclav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #141494 by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Width of HS product listing
Perfect. It works.

Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156556 by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Width of HS product listing
Hello,

I have the same problem with another template. The solution you gave me last time works only if I have everywhere in the template 4 products in a line. When there are 5 products in one module and 3 products in another the solution you gave does not work.

Any other solution for this?

You can see what I mean here: www.superpiercing.cz (the products are not aligned to the center).

Thanks
Vaclav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156560 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello Vaclav,
If you have 5 products you'll just have to use that CSS code :
Code:
.hikashop_product { width: 20% !important; }

100 / 5 = 20 % for each product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156732 by vaclav
Replied by vaclav on topic Width of HS product listing
Hello Mohamed,

I have 5 productss on front page and 3 products on other pages. I understand how your solution works, but imagine what it will make with 3 product on all subpages when 3 products should be devided to 1/5 of the page. Do you understand what I mean? Your solution only works if I use 5 products on all pages not 5 on front page and 3 on all other pages...

Thanks
Vaclav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156760 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Width of HS product listing
Hi,

Simply prefix the CSS that Mohamed provided you with the id/class of the module/menu and it will apply only to that particular menu/module.
For example, for the module at the top on your frontpage it would be:
#hikashop_category_information_module_378 .hikashop_product {
width: 20% !important;
}
Just look at the HTML of your listing with firebug as explained in the documentation and you'll find the id/class that you want to use each time.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: vaclav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum