- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 1
Displaying quantity on the product listing page
13 years 1 month ago #118811
by shivali
Displaying quantity on the product listing page was created by shivali
Hi,
I am a new hikashop user and need help to display the product quantity on the product listing page. As of now, I can only see the product picture, description, price and add to cart button. If I click on the product image, it takes me to the product page wherein the user can add the quantity. However, I want to avoid this as it is just an extra click for the user. I have browsed through the forums and I saw suggestions to tweak the code of the file listing_img_title.php by adding the code:
$this->params->set('show_quantity_field', 1);
at the beginning after the first <?php tag.
I have tried doing this but not working! Also I am using the correct template file. Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks
Shivali
I am a new hikashop user and need help to display the product quantity on the product listing page. As of now, I can only see the product picture, description, price and add to cart button. If I click on the product image, it takes me to the product page wherein the user can add the quantity. However, I want to avoid this as it is just an extra click for the user. I have browsed through the forums and I saw suggestions to tweak the code of the file listing_img_title.php by adding the code:
$this->params->set('show_quantity_field', 1);
at the beginning after the first <?php tag.
I have tried doing this but not working! Also I am using the correct template file. Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks
Shivali
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 1 month ago #118817
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
Hi,
I just tested it and it seems to be working fine, did you edit the good view's file of the good front-end template ?
I just tested it and it seems to be working fine, did you edit the good view's file of the good front-end template ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #118819
by shivali
Replied by shivali on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
Hi there,
Yes am absolutely sure of editing " the good view's file of the good front-end template" ? Attaching a screenshot for your reference. Thanks a lot for your reply.
Shivali
Yes am absolutely sure of editing " the good view's file of the good front-end template" ? Attaching a screenshot for your reference. Thanks a lot for your reply.
Shivali
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #118824
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
The good file to edit is the listing_img_title file of the product views (and not category) of your front-end template
.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #118828
by shivali
Replied by shivali on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
Hi Mohamed,
Thanks for your reply. I made the change to the product views but this still does not reflect on the front
Please see atatched screenshot. Help!
Thanks
Shivali
Thanks for your reply. I made the change to the product views but this still does not reflect on the front
Thanks
Shivali
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #118842
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
Hi,
Are you editing the view for your front-end template ?
As you can see in this documentation, you can edit a view for the "front-end" or the "back-end". And in the second column, there is the name of the template that you want to create an override.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout
You can use the filters at the top right in order to just display your front-end template. It will unsure you that you will edit the view for the good template.
Regards,
Are you editing the view for your front-end template ?
As you can see in this documentation, you can edit a view for the "front-end" or the "back-end". And in the second column, there is the name of the template that you want to create an override.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout
You can use the filters at the top right in order to just display your front-end template. It will unsure you that you will edit the view for the good template.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Jerome.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #118844
by shivali
Replied by shivali on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
Hi,
Yes it is the front end template. Wonder what I am missing?
Thanks.
Yes it is the front end template. Wonder what I am missing?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #118947
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
Hi,
You're editing the view file listing_img_title but this view file doesn't display the description of the product which you said that your listing was displaying. So I guess that you aren't using the default item box layout "image and title" but the "image and description" one. In that case, you of course need to do the modification in the listing_img_desc view file instead of the listing_img_title view file.
You're editing the view file listing_img_title but this view file doesn't display the description of the product which you said that your listing was displaying. So I guess that you aren't using the default item box layout "image and title" but the "image and description" one. In that case, you of course need to do the modification in the listing_img_desc view file instead of the listing_img_title view file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shivali
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #118979
by shivali
Replied by shivali on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
Thanks!! That works perfectly!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #118995
by shivali
Replied by shivali on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
Hi Nikolas,
Another question.
I am trying to list all products (around 20 in number) in one category on the same page in a list format i.e first product at top row, second below, third after that and so on....With each product I want the display to show the product name, the product description, the qty, the characteristics options and add to cart button. Can you help me with this please? Totally going nuts! Thanks!!
Shivali
Another question.
I am trying to list all products (around 20 in number) in one category on the same page in a list format i.e first product at top row, second below, third after that and so on....With each product I want the display to show the product name, the product description, the qty, the characteristics options and add to cart button. Can you help me with this please? Totally going nuts! Thanks!!
Shivali
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119065
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Displaying quantity on the product listing page
Hi,
I am not Nicolas but I guess I can answer to that question.
You can use a product listing with the table layout, as in our demo website :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...ng&Itemid=70&lang=en
You can override the view "product | listing_table" in order to customize the columns you want to display
Regards,
I am not Nicolas but I guess I can answer to that question.
You can use a product listing with the table layout, as in our demo website :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...ng&Itemid=70&lang=en
You can override the view "product | listing_table" in order to customize the columns you want to display
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shivali
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds