- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
Category Accordion Menu not working properly in ie
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 4 weeks ago #121880
by rodfarrell
Category Accordion Menu not working properly in ie was created by rodfarrell
I have set up a categories accordion menu which works in Firefox and Chrome (with the exception that the top item always starts open) but in Internet Explorer the second level subcategories are always showing layered on top of the first level categories. Have I done something wrong or is this not compatible with Internet Explorer?
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.classicphotos.com.au/
-- HikaShop Business version -- :2.2.11
-- Joomla version -- : 3.15
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.classicphotos.com.au/
-- HikaShop Business version -- :2.2.11
-- Joomla version -- : 3.15
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 4 weeks ago #121888
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Category Accordion Menu not working properly in ie
Hi,
I think that using some CSS code like this will probably do the job :
I think that using some CSS code like this will probably do the job :
Code:
.hikashop_category_list_item_link {
display: none;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
13 years 3 weeks ago #122053
by rodfarrell
Replied by rodfarrell on topic Category Accordion Menu not working properly in ie
Thanks Mahomed, but I don't want to hide it altogether, I want it to show when the parent category on the accordion is clicked as it does with other browsers.. Your solution removes the dropdown items completely for all browsers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122223
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Category Accordion Menu not working properly in ie
Hi,
It's an overflow css problem. You have to check it with your template.
I is hard to give you an answer. IE is a not easy at all to debug and make tests (like we can do with Firefox or Chrome).
But it uses the native Joomla system and the CSS rules are given by your template. Maybe it missed something for the IE compatibility ?
Regards,
It's an overflow css problem. You have to check it with your template.
I is hard to give you an answer. IE is a not easy at all to debug and make tests (like we can do with Firefox or Chrome).
But it uses the native Joomla system and the CSS rules are given by your template. Maybe it missed something for the IE compatibility ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
13 years 3 weeks ago #122265
by rodfarrell
Replied by rodfarrell on topic Category Accordion Menu not working properly in ie
Thanks Jerome. I guessed that was the case. I was hoping there would be an easy way to track it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rodfarrell
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 259
- Thank you received: 22
13 years 3 weeks ago #122610
by rodfarrell
Replied by rodfarrell on topic Category Accordion Menu not working properly in ie
Okay I've found a line in the Bootstrap.css which is causing the problem.
overflow: visible \9;
Apparently this has been removed from later versions of bootstrap so I have removed it and the menu now works in all versions of ie.
Still have the problem that the top item always is open when the page loads. Any suggestions there?
overflow: visible \9;
Apparently this has been removed from later versions of bootstrap so I have removed it and the menu now works in all versions of ie.
Still have the problem that the top item always is open when the page loads. Any suggestions there?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122653
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Category Accordion Menu not working properly in ie
That's the normal behavior of the accordion system. If you don't want that, you need to edit the file "listing_list" of the "category" view via the menu Display>Views and change the code:
$this->tabs->setOptions(array('startOffset'=>$found,'startTransition'=>0));
to:
$this->tabs->setOptions(array('startOffset'=>-1,'startTransition'=>0));
$this->tabs->setOptions(array('startOffset'=>$found,'startTransition'=>0));
to:
$this->tabs->setOptions(array('startOffset'=>-1,'startTransition'=>0));
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds