- Posts: 68
- Thank you received: 0
Short description of the product
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #122002
by kopretina
Short description of the product was created by kopretina
Hello,
I use the layout the "title and description" to display the list of product. I have short description next to the picture. I have to put the break tag to the each product in the description manualy to see the short description.
Is there any possibility how to put the this tag somewhrere directyl to php, and display let say first 150 symbols from the description of the product?
Our client doesn´t want to do that manualy.
Thanks for help.
I use the layout the "title and description" to display the list of product. I have short description next to the picture. I have to put the break tag to the each product in the description manualy to see the short description.
Is there any possibility how to put the this tag somewhrere directyl to php, and display let say first 150 symbols from the description of the product?
Our client doesn´t want to do that manualy.
Thanks for help.
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by kopretina.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 weeks ago #122034
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Short description of the product
Hi,
You can edit the file "listing_img_desc" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views to change the display of the description and cut it how you want instead of the default way.
You can edit the file "listing_img_desc" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views to change the display of the description and cut it how you want instead of the default way.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122094
by kopretina
Replied by kopretina on topic Short description of the product
Hi Nicolas,
thank you very much for your help.
I have stil some question. I know how to call the text which should appeare in this place.
But how can I say that will appear only firs x characters? Could you help me, please?
Now I have this:
<!-- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION -->
<div class="hikashop_product_desc" style="text-align:<?php echo $this->align; ?>">
<?php
echo $this->row->product_description;
?>
</div>
<!-- EO PRODUCT DESCRIPTION -->
thank you very much for your help.
I have stil some question. I know how to call the text which should appeare in this place.
But how can I say that will appear only firs x characters? Could you help me, please?
Now I have this:
<!-- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION -->
<div class="hikashop_product_desc" style="text-align:<?php echo $this->align; ?>">
<?php
echo $this->row->product_description;
?>
</div>
<!-- EO PRODUCT DESCRIPTION -->
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 3 weeks ago #122101
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Short description of the product
Hi,
You'll be able to do it by using the "substr" php option :
Ps: you can replace 25 by your x characters number
.
You'll be able to do it by using the "substr" php option :
Code:
<!-- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION -->
<div class="hikashop_product_desc" style="text-align:<?php echo $this->align; ?>">
<?php
echo substr($this->row->product_description, 0, 25);
?>
</div>
<!-- EO PRODUCT DESCRIPTION -->
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122105
by kopretina
Replied by kopretina on topic Short description of the product
Thank you very much for quick help.
The number at the end is clear to me.
The number at the end is clear to me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds