Skip to main content

Image in the google search

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #122326 by Teto
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.madeinvino.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14

Dear all, do you think is possible or exist a plug-in to show the product's picture in the google search?



I need to ask you also another thing

I am using the plug in (HikaShop Microdata on Product Page plugin) to show the rating and the price.



I have more that one price fro my products, but at the moment the plugin is showing only one price, do you think is possible to show the range?



Many Thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by Teto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122422 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Image in the google search
Hi,

It's not possible to display several prices.
However, displaying the image should be possible with the adequate code.
Add the code:
Code:
$pattern='/id="hikashop_main_image"/'; $replacement='id="hikashop_main_image" itemprop="image"'; $body = preg_replace($pattern,$replacement,$body);
before the code:
$ratemax=JRequest::getVar("nb_max_star");
in the file plugins/system/hikashopproducttag/hikashopproducttag.php and that should allow google to get the images from the products next time it process the page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122745 by Teto
Replied by Teto on topic Image in the google search
Thank you Nicolas :)

I did the customization.
At the moment I cannot see the image, I will wait a couple of days in order to verify when google retreive the images.

Are you going to insert this customization as a standard option or not?

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122748 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Image in the google search
Hi,

Yes, it will.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123978 by Teto
Replied by Teto on topic Image in the google search
Hello everybody

I test the modification but, after more than a week, it seems nothing change on google. :(

I used the google tool to test the structured data
www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

I tested this page
www.madeinvino.com/la-nostra-cantina/pro...i-santa-barbara.html

And I still cannot see the image.
Is there something wrong or did I do something wrong in the customization?

Thanks for your help. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #124023 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Image in the google search
Hi,

Well, regarding the official documentation : schema.org/Product
I don't see in your page any specific problem.. It is very strange !

Regarding to the google analyze, we can see the image reference but no image displayed.
www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnip...i-santa-barbara.html

By testing the different "examples" proposed in the page, I see that the "product" example does not display an image.
But the Recipe one does...

Regards,

PS: stackoverflow.com/questions/16130780/ima...ng-on-microdata-code

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Jerome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #124076 by Teto
Replied by Teto on topic Image in the google search
Hello Jerome

thanks for you answer

so you mean there is no way to show up the image?

I am not an expert of Microdata, but how CUCINAREFACILE is able to show the images on google?

Thanks and regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #124077 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Image in the google search

By testing the different "examples" proposed in the page, I see that the "product" example does not display an image.
But the Recipe one does...


Hi,

"cucinarefacile" use the "recipe" (because it's a recipes website), like I explained in my previous message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #124079 by Teto
Replied by Teto on topic Image in the google search
Sorry Jerome, as I wrote I am not a technician.... :(

So we cannot do nothing from our side to show up the image through the Hika plug in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #124089 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Image in the google search
Hi,

Yes, it seems that the problem don't come from our end, but it's a google parameter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum