- Posts: 177
- Thank you received: 4
Product Characteristic Update
13 years 3 weeks ago #122727
by kchahine
Product Characteristic Update was created by kchahine
-- HikaShop version -- : Essential
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
I created a characteristic field added to my products. I later added new fields to this characteristic and thought it will update itself automatically, but it seems it is not doing so. I can only see the new fields I added when I delete this characteristic from my product then add it again. It is OK if I only have 10 products, but I have many more..... Is there a solution for this problem?
Regards.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
I created a characteristic field added to my products. I later added new fields to this characteristic and thought it will update itself automatically, but it seems it is not doing so. I can only see the new fields I added when I delete this characteristic from my product then add it again. It is OK if I only have 10 products, but I have many more..... Is there a solution for this problem?
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122760
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product Characteristic Update
Hi,
What is your HikaShop version number ?
Regards,
What is your HikaShop version number ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122797
by kchahine
Replied by kchahine on topic Product Characteristic Update
the latest stable version of HikaShop Essential: 2.2.1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122827
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Product Characteristic Update
Hi there,
It's a normal behaviour since some of our customer don't want the variants to be generated automatically.
The solution if you have a lot of product is to use the mass action system (System>Mass Action) to add your modified characteristic to many products in one time. Thus, variants will be generated automatically
It's a normal behaviour since some of our customer don't want the variants to be generated automatically.
The solution if you have a lot of product is to use the mass action system (System>Mass Action) to add your modified characteristic to many products in one time. Thus, variants will be generated automatically
The following user(s) said Thank You: kchahine
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122831
by kchahine
Replied by kchahine on topic Product Characteristic Update
I never looked into mass action! it sounds like a good idea, however am I able to delete the old characteristic in mass action or this needs to be done on a product by product basis.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #122837
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Product Characteristic Update
Yes! Just select the "update the characteristics" action and choose delete above!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds