Skip to main content

No products display when clicking the left menu

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #123245 by LAMF
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.gobbe.se
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : No matter all browsers show the same
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No message

Hi,
I have just set up my first products in a category. I have set up several categores though but they are all empty right now.
Now I have set up one category with products and when you come in to my site the shop is the starting page with cathegories listing. If you then click the first category image "Krok" you come to the products listing so that's fine and works as I wish but the left position menu with the different categories does not work.
When you click "krok" there simply no products are displayed on the products listing view.
What is wrong?
I am sure I have missed something but what?
I would be grateful if you could help me with this one.

Thanks
Micke
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by LAMF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123282 by Jerome
Hi,

A category listing module need a product listing module attached to display products. Otherwise it only display categories (its goal).
It's like you did for this one : www.gobbe.se/index.php/kategori/30-krok

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123313 by LAMF
HI,
Thanks this solved it. Another thing I don't get though is how to hide the right column after clicking a cateory in the categoriews listing on the starting page.
For example if I click the "Krokar" in the categories listing the right menu still appear but if I click it in the left side vertical menu it disappear. How can I make it disappear after clicking one of the product categories in the main view?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123332 by Jerome
Hi,

When you click on a category in your home page, you don't change the menu (id 101). So the modules that you display on the home page still there.
When you click on a category in the left panel, you are redirected to a specific menu (id 139), this menu have a different module configuration than your home page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123350 by LAMF
So this mean it is nothing I can do to change this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123378 by Jerome
Hi,

I think that "advance module manager" could help you.
Your problem is not really an "HikaShop problem", it's more a "Joomla module assignation problem".

Otherwise, you can use a "real" home page with his own menu and display a category listing module into it.
The module can be assigned to a specific menu for his links, so in this configuration, it can work.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123435 by LAMF
Well I have the Advanced Module Manager already and I have tried to assign the Product listing only the Starting page but it seems like the Product listing module of HikaShop becomes just a part of the article so that's why it won't affect the displaying of the right position bar with the suppliers. :(
If anyone has any good suggestions i would be very happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123480 by Jerome
Hi,

Sorry, I don't have any other solution than the two previous.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LAMF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123491 by LAMF
Thanks Jerome,
I solved it thanks to your suggestion. By using the noname module anywhere I used a regular article and placed a hikashop category listing module inside it. That way the article can be assigned to any menu and display the cateories correct as a start page then by not assigning the suppliers on any other menu item it works as I want it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123493 by Jerome
Hi,

Good to know :)

Kind regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum