- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
custom field dropdown stuck on default value
13 years 2 weeks ago #123791
by matback
custom field dropdown stuck on default value was created by matback
Hi.
I have made a custom field in the create product page. The custom field is a dropdown named Level and is shown at the bottom of the page. When creating a new product i can choose levels. Here I choose level "Advanced":
If I hit the Save and Close button I see the backendlisting. It shows that the level of the product is Advanced. Like this:
That working fine. BUT wait. Say I want to do some editing on the product page. So I open the page and the level shows "intermediate" NOT advanced. And remember I have touched nothing on the page. Like this:
If I then hit the Save and Close button the backendlisting shows level "intermediate". Like this:
Conclusion:
The value in the field when editing or creating a product is set to always show the default value. In my case "intermediate". This is very dangerous. It must show the value stored in the database when doing editing stuff.
Here is a screenshot of the custom fields settings as well:
I can not recall if this has always been the case or if it is due to new versions of Hika.
Any ideas? Bug?
Regards
/Mathias
I have made a custom field in the create product page. The custom field is a dropdown named Level and is shown at the bottom of the page. When creating a new product i can choose levels. Here I choose level "Advanced":
If I hit the Save and Close button I see the backendlisting. It shows that the level of the product is Advanced. Like this:
That working fine. BUT wait. Say I want to do some editing on the product page. So I open the page and the level shows "intermediate" NOT advanced. And remember I have touched nothing on the page. Like this:
If I then hit the Save and Close button the backendlisting shows level "intermediate". Like this:
Conclusion:
The value in the field when editing or creating a product is set to always show the default value. In my case "intermediate". This is very dangerous. It must show the value stored in the database when doing editing stuff.
Here is a screenshot of the custom fields settings as well:
I can not recall if this has always been the case or if it is due to new versions of Hika.
Any ideas? Bug?
Regards
/Mathias
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123846
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Hi,
It's a known problem.
Here three topics which talk about it:
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...t-fields.html#123548
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/86...-problem.html#123538
www.hikashop.com/forum/customers/861776-...possible.html#123326
Regards,
It's a known problem.
Here three topics which talk about it:
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...t-fields.html#123548
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/86...-problem.html#123538
www.hikashop.com/forum/customers/861776-...possible.html#123326
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132920
by matback
Replied by matback on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Hika version: 2.2.2
Ping!
I still experience this problem.
In post www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...t-fields.html#123548 there is said that a patch will be done in the next version. That is 2.2.2. I have not been digging in the core to check it out. But I know for sure that I still experience this problem.
No need for a quick fix. I only hope you consider make this work with next release. I do not want to fiddle around with the core right now. It is okay at this moment and I am extra careful when doing editing in products.
Regards
Mathias
Ping!
I still experience this problem.
In post www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...t-fields.html#123548 there is said that a patch will be done in the next version. That is 2.2.2. I have not been digging in the core to check it out. But I know for sure that I still experience this problem.
No need for a quick fix. I only hope you consider make this work with next release. I do not want to fiddle around with the core right now. It is okay at this moment and I am extra careful when doing editing in products.
Regards
Mathias
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132942
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Hi,
It is really weird.
I tried to reproduce it in the demo website but it works good.
Can you provide us accesses so we can check that your HikaShop is right up to date for all files ?
Regards,
It is really weird.
I tried to reproduce it in the demo website but it works good.
Can you provide us accesses so we can check that your HikaShop is right up to date for all files ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132944
by matback
Replied by matback on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Hi Jerome.
We are actually right the both of us in a way. Let me explain. While waiting for this problem to be solved in hika version 2.2.2 I had made the fields be shown in radio buttons and not in single dropdown. (Just to be reminded of the problem when doing editing in products.) But hey, when I switched from radio buttons to single dropdown a moment ago. Everything works perfectly
.
So: It works at my end with single dropdown but NOT with radio buttons. Try do some testing with radio buttons and see if you get the same result.
Many thanks.
Regards
Mathias
We are actually right the both of us in a way. Let me explain. While waiting for this problem to be solved in hika version 2.2.2 I had made the fields be shown in radio buttons and not in single dropdown. (Just to be reminded of the problem when doing editing in products.) But hey, when I switched from radio buttons to single dropdown a moment ago. Everything works perfectly
So: It works at my end with single dropdown but NOT with radio buttons. Try do some testing with radio buttons and see if you get the same result.
Many thanks.
Regards
Mathias
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132992
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Hi Mathias,
I made some tests in the demo website and I can't reproduce the problem with the radio either.
Regards,
I made some tests in the demo website and I can't reproduce the problem with the radio either.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133287
by matback
Replied by matback on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Jerome, I invite you to check it out on my site. I have sent you PM with access .
Also, when in custom field edit. Everything works when setting it be single dropdown. But when changing to radio buttons the default value is frozen. You can not change it. Strange.
Just to let you know. I have not updated to Joomla 3.2 because I experienced some strange things doing that on my localhost. Sticking with 3.1.5 till next Joomla update.
M.
Also, when in custom field edit. Everything works when setting it be single dropdown. But when changing to radio buttons the default value is frozen. You can not change it. Strange.
Just to let you know. I have not updated to Joomla 3.2 because I experienced some strange things doing that on my localhost. Sticking with 3.1.5 till next Joomla update.
M.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133324
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Hi,
I don't know if I am ban or something like that but I can't access to your backend anymore.
I checked the product page, I checked the custom field, I wanted to check your HikaShop version but, I couldn't and I can't access to your website anymore.
Regards,
I don't know if I am ban or something like that but I can't access to your backend anymore.
I checked the product page, I checked the custom field, I wanted to check your HikaShop version but, I couldn't and I can't access to your website anymore.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133332
by matback
Replied by matback on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
You are not banned. I can not get in as well. The server is down. I checked my other sites as well. Can not even go in to c-panel on the server. I will get back to you asap.
Mathias
Mathias
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133364
by matback
Replied by matback on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Alright Jerome. Server is up and running again 
GIve it a try again.
GIve it a try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133477
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Hi,
It's fixed, thanks.
It was coming from your special configuration (your the last element to be exact).
Regards,
It's fixed, thanks.
It was coming from your special configuration (your the last element to be exact).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matback
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133484
by matback
Replied by matback on topic custom field dropdown stuck on default value
Great, many thanks 
Regards
Mathias
Regards
Mathias
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds