Skip to main content

Subcategories menu

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #124127 by F4P
Subcategories menu was created by F4P
Hi,

I have a problem with showing the subcategories in the menu. I found a lot of topics about this issue, but none of them gave
me the solution. The only thing I got is that the subcategories are showing up in the middle (see printscreen). This is not what
I want, I want them in te menu on the left.

My shop is still offline, so I can't show you with a link. I hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance.



Hikashop Essential 2.2.3
Joomla 3.2.0

www.Fair4Pets.eu
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by F4P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #124165 by F4P
Replied by F4P on topic Subcategories menu
The problem is solved. I've done it in the following way.






Is there an easier way to get your menu like this?

Hikashop Essential 2.2.3
Joomla 3.2.0

www.Fair4Pets.eu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #124194 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Subcategories menu
Yes. You could have used a category listing module. There are two of them already installed by default with HikaShop that you just need to activated via the Joomla modules manager.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #124473 by nico.van.leeuwen
Replied by nico.van.leeuwen on topic Subcategories menu
Hi,
I've been looking for the same thing.
Can you please share the name of this module and some key settings ?
A menu like this is still very clear for a lot of people.

Thanks,
Nico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #124540 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Subcategories menu
Hi,

Their names are quite obvious:
HikaShop category listing : 2 levels
HikaShop category listing: 1 level
They are both of the type "HikaShop content module".
When you edit them via the menu Display>content modules of HikaShop, you will find plenty of options to customize them but they are already configured to work and display your categories. You just need to enable them to see them on your frontend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nico.van.leeuwen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #124591 by nico.van.leeuwen
Replied by nico.van.leeuwen on topic Subcategories menu
They are indeed obvious, sorry about that.
It helps a great deal if you look in the Hikashop modules and not in the standard Joomla modules.
About the cofiguration of these modules I will go and look for a good example because at this moment it is not showing me the categories the way I want them to be.
So I'll do a bit of homework first.

Thanks for the reply, 1 things solved !

Nico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum