- Posts: 101
- Thank you received: 12
[solved] Product listing display Internet Explorer
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 1 week ago #124181
by SG
[solved] Product listing display Internet Explorer was created by SG
-- url of the page with the problem -- : tiny.cc/d6rc3w
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.1.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 23
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
The products listing is shown correctly in Firefox and Chrome as you can see in the printscreen below (or by trying it out with the link to site):
This is how it looks in Internet Explorer 9:
Is there a way to add some CSS code so that it affects only Internet Explorer versions since it already displays well in Firefox and Chrome?
Maybe by adding something to hikashop_products_listing (or hikashop_products) but only to affect Internet Explorer
What would be the appropriate code to add so it looks the same as in Firefox and Chrome?
Thank you very much.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.1.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 23
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
The products listing is shown correctly in Firefox and Chrome as you can see in the printscreen below (or by trying it out with the link to site):
This is how it looks in Internet Explorer 9:
Is there a way to add some CSS code so that it affects only Internet Explorer versions since it already displays well in Firefox and Chrome?
Maybe by adding something to hikashop_products_listing (or hikashop_products) but only to affect Internet Explorer
What would be the appropriate code to add so it looks the same as in Firefox and Chrome?
Thank you very much.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by SG.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #124189
by SG
Replied by SG on topic Product listing display in Internet Explorer
Hi guys,
I looked a bit further on the web and I found a post about CSS hacks for Internet Explorer.
I tried it out and it seems to work on Internet Explorer IE9.
Can someone confirm this is the best way to do it?
Anyone who has Internet Explorer 8 who can test this?
I added the folowing code:
If you have remarks or tips, please feel free to give it.
I looked a bit further on the web and I found a post about CSS hacks for Internet Explorer.
I tried it out and it seems to work on Internet Explorer IE9.
Can someone confirm this is the best way to do it?
Anyone who has Internet Explorer 8 who can test this?
I added the folowing code:
Code:
.hikashop_products_listing {
margin-top: 25px\9;
}
If you have remarks or tips, please feel free to give it.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by SG.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 week ago #124256
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product listing display in Internet Explorer
Hi,
I don't know this way of doing that, but if it's working it seems to be a good way.
I tried on IE 8 and it's displaying fine.
Else there is the classic way of doing that, create a specific stylesheet only for IE:
css-tricks.com/how-to-create-an-ie-only-stylesheet/
I don't know this way of doing that, but if it's working it seems to be a good way.
I tried on IE 8 and it's displaying fine.
Else there is the classic way of doing that, create a specific stylesheet only for IE:
css-tricks.com/how-to-create-an-ie-only-stylesheet/
The following user(s) said Thank You: SG
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 week ago #124258
by SG
Replied by SG on topic [solved]Product listing display Internet Explorer
Hi Xavier,
Thanks for letting me know that it's looking good at your end.
I will take a look at the link as well.
(I will mark this thread as being solved)
Greets
Thanks for letting me know that it's looking good at your end.
I will take a look at the link as well.
(I will mark this thread as being solved)
Greets
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds