- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
Products Characteristics Error
- missmonica
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 2 days ago #125707
by missmonica
Products Characteristics Error was created by missmonica
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.homeangelz.co.uk/draft2013/index.php...kings/book-services/
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 23.0.1
Hello,
I have 6 product characteristics that I need to add to an item. Each one has quite a few options (the one with the most options has 31 options, the rest have about up to 12). The product characteristics added to the item no problem until I tried to add the 4th characteristic. Joomla seemed to crash and the web page for the product item did not display. the page was clear / white.
Is this because there is a limit on the amount of characteristics that can be added, or is there something wrong with Hika Shop or the database? I did not get any warning / notification as to what had happened - everything just when blank so it seems like an error.
Many thanks,
Monica.
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 23.0.1
Hello,
I have 6 product characteristics that I need to add to an item. Each one has quite a few options (the one with the most options has 31 options, the rest have about up to 12). The product characteristics added to the item no problem until I tried to add the 4th characteristic. Joomla seemed to crash and the web page for the product item did not display. the page was clear / white.
Is this because there is a limit on the amount of characteristics that can be added, or is there something wrong with Hika Shop or the database? I did not get any warning / notification as to what had happened - everything just when blank so it seems like an error.
Many thanks,
Monica.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 days ago #125717
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Products Characteristics Error
Hi,
Yes, the characteristics require a lot of memory/processing as it creates a variant of the product for each combination of the values of the characteristics and once the server hit the limit, it stops the processing.
If you have so much choices, you probably don't want a variant for each combination and thus you probably want to use something else like options ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options ) or custom item fields ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html ) which do not generate variants of each combinations and thus won't have that issue.
Yes, the characteristics require a lot of memory/processing as it creates a variant of the product for each combination of the values of the characteristics and once the server hit the limit, it stops the processing.
If you have so much choices, you probably don't want a variant for each combination and thus you probably want to use something else like options ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options ) or custom item fields ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html ) which do not generate variants of each combinations and thus won't have that issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missmonica
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- missmonica
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 days ago #125780
by missmonica
Replied by missmonica on topic Products Characteristics Error
Hi nicolas,
Thank you - I thought as much. I just wanted to be sure before I report back to my client so they know I have covered every avenue.
Many thanks,
Monica.
Thank you - I thought as much. I just wanted to be sure before I report back to my client so they know I have covered every avenue.
Many thanks,
Monica.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds