- Posts: 301
- Thank you received: 6
How to use Characteristics
13 years 1 day ago #125908
by fan4chevy
How to use Characteristics was created by fan4chevy
Hi,
I am using business edition of Hikashop. I am so confused as to how to properly setup characteristics for products.
I have a toy as a product.
I want toy to have its main price
I want toy then to have a drop down menu to add a type of material called MAPLE for extra $5
However, I want to make sure it does not default add the $5 option but that they have to select it.
Thank you,
Charles
I am using business edition of Hikashop. I am so confused as to how to properly setup characteristics for products.
I have a toy as a product.
I want toy to have its main price
I want toy then to have a drop down menu to add a type of material called MAPLE for extra $5
However, I want to make sure it does not default add the $5 option but that they have to select it.
Thank you,
Charles
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 day ago #125966
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic How to use Characteristics
Hi,
For characteristics, I will recommend you our tutorial documentation page about it.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...html#characteristics
A characteristic of a product does not add something to the original price, but it allow you to override (change) the full price.
An option add an extra price to a product, it's an addition. For the characteristics, it's a replacement.
Regards,
For characteristics, I will recommend you our tutorial documentation page about it.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...html#characteristics
A characteristic of a product does not add something to the original price, but it allow you to override (change) the full price.
An option add an extra price to a product, it's an addition. For the characteristics, it's a replacement.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134842
by fan4chevy
Replied by fan4chevy on topic How to use Characteristics
So what is the best way to do the following that can be used over and over for many products.
I would like to have a dropdown that looks like this:
Upgrade Wood: Make Selection
Cherrywood $2.50
Then the price of the product adds the $2.50 to the overall price.
I would like to have a dropdown that looks like this:
Upgrade Wood: Make Selection
Cherrywood $2.50
Then the price of the product adds the $2.50 to the overall price.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134871
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to use Characteristics
The best is to use an option:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options
You will be able to use the option over and over in different products.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options
You will be able to use the option over and over in different products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134887
by fan4chevy
Replied by fan4chevy on topic How to use Characteristics
I am confused on adding options.
Can you just create an option somehow or do you have to select a product and then click add for options?
When I click add options from product I never see now to create an option. All I see is existing products.
Please explain the steps. I looked at the tutorial but it was not clear to me.
Can you just create an option somehow or do you have to select a product and then click add for options?
When I click add options from product I never see now to create an option. All I see is existing products.
Please explain the steps. I looked at the tutorial but it was not clear to me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 10 months ago #134922
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to use Characteristics
Hi,
An option is another product that you'll add as an option of your product, in your case you'll have to :
- Create a product named "Maple" for example
- Add this product as an option of your Toy product.
An option is another product that you'll add as an option of your product, in your case you'll have to :
- Create a product named "Maple" for example
- Add this product as an option of your Toy product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135017
by fan4chevy
Replied by fan4chevy on topic How to use Characteristics
How do I do this set up so that it does not appear as an individual product for people to buy?
I only want it as an upgrade selection. For instance like this?
Add Hardwood: Select Wood Type
Cherrywood $3.49
From what I see right now it forces me to select a category where people will see it as a product to purchase on its own.
I only want it as an upgrade selection. For instance like this?
Add Hardwood: Select Wood Type
Cherrywood $3.49
From what I see right now it forces me to select a category where people will see it as a product to purchase on its own.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135136
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to use Characteristics
Simply create an unpublished category and add your option product in that category and it won't appear on your products listings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135229
by fan4chevy
Replied by fan4chevy on topic How to use Characteristics
I now understand this and it works. However, what I think is not good is that it only updates one price field instead of both which is very confusing. Please see image showing 2 different prices.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135254
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to use Characteristics
That's normal. The first one it the "base" price without options. The total one is the base price plus all the options price.
I don't see where that would be confusing.
I don't see where that would be confusing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135582
by Plotec
Replied by Plotec on topic How to use Characteristics
Hi,
I just want to leave my 2 cents here. It's not really confusing that 2 prices will be shown but it would look much better (and maybe more professional) if you would add the options price to the base price.
I just want to leave my 2 cents here. It's not really confusing that 2 prices will be shown but it would look much better (and maybe more professional) if you would add the options price to the base price.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135594
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to use Characteristics
Hi,
Then, why not simply hide the base price so that you only have the total price displayed on your page ? You can easily do that with one line of CSS.
Then, why not simply hide the base price so that you only have the total price displayed on your page ? You can easily do that with one line of CSS.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds