- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 2
Module to appear for one product list
12 years 10 months ago #130775
by joanne721
Module to appear for one product list was created by joanne721
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
amykandco.com/shop/photo-d-lights
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have 3 product categories. I want to display a module on one of the category pages where the products are listed. But I don't want it showing up when a user clicks through to an individual product in that category. Currently, if I assign the module to the menu item for that category listing it shows up on the individual product pages.
Any help is appreciated.
Joanne
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have 3 product categories. I want to display a module on one of the category pages where the products are listed. But I don't want it showing up when a user clicks through to an individual product in that category. Currently, if I assign the module to the menu item for that category listing it shows up on the individual product pages.
Any help is appreciated.
Joanne
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 10 months ago #130829
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Module to appear for one product list
Hi,
If you only want it to display above you category page, you should assign it to category page menu by :
- Going to your Module configuration page through your Joomla module manager page
- Setting the "Module Assignment" option to Only on the pages selected
- Only checking the menu where you want your module to be displayed (you product listing menu).
If you only want it to display above you category page, you should assign it to category page menu by :
- Going to your Module configuration page through your Joomla module manager page
- Setting the "Module Assignment" option to Only on the pages selected
- Only checking the menu where you want your module to be displayed (you product listing menu).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #130887
by joanne721
Replied by joanne721 on topic Module to appear for one product list
I think I must have my shop set up incorrectly.
I have category listing menus that display all the products in a particular category and I have product listing menus that also display all the products from a particular category. I"m not sure what the difference is between them.
I have a button on the home page that directs visitors to the products listing (from a hidden menu) and a button in the nav bar that directs visitors to the category listing both of which have been configured to display the same way -- I was learning Hikashop when I set this up and was/still am confused.
Then there is a Hikashop default menu with both a Product listing menu item and Category listing menu item in it -- and I'm not sure why these are there or what they signify -- Hikashop must have created them automatically?
Regardless, no matter which menu item I assign the module to, it still shows up on the individual product pages when I click through from the products listing or category listing pages.
Is there documentation you can direct me to that explains the difference between Product listings and Category listings?
Thanks again in advance.
I have category listing menus that display all the products in a particular category and I have product listing menus that also display all the products from a particular category. I"m not sure what the difference is between them.
I have a button on the home page that directs visitors to the products listing (from a hidden menu) and a button in the nav bar that directs visitors to the category listing both of which have been configured to display the same way -- I was learning Hikashop when I set this up and was/still am confused.
Then there is a Hikashop default menu with both a Product listing menu item and Category listing menu item in it -- and I'm not sure why these are there or what they signify -- Hikashop must have created them automatically?
Regardless, no matter which menu item I assign the module to, it still shows up on the individual product pages when I click through from the products listing or category listing pages.
Is there documentation you can direct me to that explains the difference between Product listings and Category listings?
Thanks again in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #130924
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Module to appear for one product list
Hi,
We can't differentiate if we are in a listing or a product page with Joomla.
You can use the component Advanced module manager, it allow to display the modules where you want with more restrictions.
We can't differentiate if we are in a listing or a product page with Joomla.
You can use the component Advanced module manager, it allow to display the modules where you want with more restrictions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joanne721
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds