- Posts: 344
- Thank you received: 3
Customize category layout list
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #131871
by river
Customize category layout list was created by river
Hikashop business 2.0
Joomla 2.5.15
I am using the Hikashop Conetent module to display my categories.
I have i set to Type of content: Category using Type of layout "List" enabled
I am using sub-categories so that the accordion function is also enabled.
Earlier I have done som customizing of this menu, but I want to customize it a little bit more.
Please see picture below to see what I mean.
1. I want to put a plus sign (image with a plus) in front of the main categories that has sub-categories.
So that when you click on the plus sign it drop down and you can see the sub-categories. How can I do this ?
2. I want the active sub-category to be displayd in "Bold" so that the user can see where he clicked. Is this possible to do ?
Tnx
Joomla 2.5.15
I am using the Hikashop Conetent module to display my categories.
I have i set to Type of content: Category using Type of layout "List" enabled
I am using sub-categories so that the accordion function is also enabled.
Earlier I have done som customizing of this menu, but I want to customize it a little bit more.
Please see picture below to see what I mean.
1. I want to put a plus sign (image with a plus) in front of the main categories that has sub-categories.
So that when you click on the plus sign it drop down and you can see the sub-categories. How can I do this ?
2. I want the active sub-category to be displayd in "Bold" so that the user can see where he clicked. Is this possible to do ?
Tnx
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by river.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #131915
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Customize category layout list
Hi,
The menu list uses the Joomla menu system. You have to customize it using CSS.
Please use the documentation "customize the display" (under "development") to find some useful information about how customize your website using CSS.
Regards,
The menu list uses the Joomla menu system. You have to customize it using CSS.
Please use the documentation "customize the display" (under "development") to find some useful information about how customize your website using CSS.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #131988
by river
Replied by river on topic Customize category layout list
Thank you for reply.
I have tried to use the documentation, but it is very difficult because my CSS skills are very limited.
I have managed to transform the menu into the way I want it to look, so now I only need the plus/minus sign on the left side of the categories with sub-categories.
Please see image below to see how I need it to look.
I have manage to find this CSS code using firebug from the original category list display.
I tried to instert the code in the custom css file, but with no result, any advice on how to proceed ?
I have tried to use the documentation, but it is very difficult because my CSS skills are very limited.
I have managed to transform the menu into the way I want it to look, so now I only need the plus/minus sign on the left side of the categories with sub-categories.
Please see image below to see how I need it to look.
I have manage to find this CSS code using firebug from the original category list display.
Code:
.panel h3.pane-toggler-down a {
background: url("../images/slider_minus.png") no-repeat scroll right top #F5F5F5;
border-bottom: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
}
.panel h3.pane-toggler a {
background: url("../images/slider_plus.png") no-repeat scroll right top #F5F5F5;
}
I tried to instert the code in the custom css file, but with no result, any advice on how to proceed ?
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by river.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132058
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Customize category layout list
Hi,
To display plus or minus only on the categories which have sub categories, it will require more than css.
There is actually no way to differentiate this two kind of categories.
So a core file edition seems to be required.
To display plus or minus only on the categories which have sub categories, it will require more than css.
There is actually no way to differentiate this two kind of categories.
So a core file edition seems to be required.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds