Skip to main content

Shop slowing down

More
12 years 10 months ago #133007 by Sjaak
Shop slowing down was created by Sjaak
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.artlantismedia.com The shop menu is on the left. Try it
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : ??
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error messages

Every day new products are added to my shop. Now after a while I notice that the shop is slowing down in performance. Adding more products slows it down.
This week I even received a message from a visitor. 'Your shop is too slow. I don't want to use it'
BUMMER that's one client turning away. This one told me. How many did I loose already?? :(

One (among other) of the main reasons I turned away from Virtuemart was that it was too slow. Now with Hikashop I walk into the same problem. What can we do to improve performance?

Sjaak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #133067 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shop slowing down
Hi,

As far as I can see on your website, it loads as fast on HikaShop pages than on pages where HikaShop doesn't display. So it doesn't look like a problem of HikaShop at all.
You need to tweak the performances of your whole website/web server.
There are plenty of solutions for that.
For example:
- joomla pages caching plugins
- APC
- gzip compression
- joomla plugins for js/css minification/caching
- increase your hosting resources in order to process the pages faster
- use a CDN in order to provide your CSS/JS/images faster to your users

www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla/joomla-speed.htm
www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/joomla-tu...-using-jch-optimize/
Note that some caching options might actually cause issues with HikaShop elements like the cart as the pages need to display different things for different users. But even just having APC on your web server can already help a lot and won't break anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #133221 by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic Shop slowing down
Thanks Nicolas,

I will look into that.

Sjaak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum