Skip to main content

Issue with Menu high lighting and product listing.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #133396 by in2computing
-- url of the page with the problem -- : littlegreenwoodhousevintagefurniture.co.uk/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 25.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

I have a couple of issues in displaying the products.

1. When I click on any product from the home page, the product page highlights the Home menu item and it shows the slideshow module. I would like to highlight the Products menu item automatically so that it will show the related modules (Filters, Category Menu, etc).

2. When I apply filter in Products listing, I can see all the subcategories displayed above the product listing. How can I display just the products and not the sub-categories?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by in2computing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #133432 by nicolas
Hi,

1. Instead of having a products listing menu item as your home page, you should have a joomla article with a products listing module displayed for that menu item. Then, in the "menu" option of that module, select the "Products" menu item and that's it.

2. In the options of your hikashop filter module, you need to enter the id of a products listing menu item listing all your products and turn on the "Force redirect" option of the module. That way, the filters will always apply to products listing and won't display any categories listing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134357 by in2computing
Thanks Nicolas

That worked

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum