- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 2
Sidebar Category menu disapears
- SnoozeULooze.co.za
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 10 months ago #133834
by SnoozeULooze.co.za
Sidebar Category menu disapears was created by SnoozeULooze.co.za
Hi
I am new to Joomla and Hikashop, I have set up my site to the point that it is just about ready to launch, but I am having a few irritating problems.
My problem is this I have a sidebar category menu sitting at position 8 on a modified version of Protostar.
When you click on a category it only displays the sub categories and when you are on a product the menu disappears completely, so you have to keep on clicking on home to get the parent categories again.
How do I change this so that if you click on a category the parent category is still displayed and also is there away for a sub-subcategory to display with a fly out menu when you hover over the sub category.
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.snoozeulooze.co.za
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 Hikashop Essentials
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
Thank you
I am new to Joomla and Hikashop, I have set up my site to the point that it is just about ready to launch, but I am having a few irritating problems.
My problem is this I have a sidebar category menu sitting at position 8 on a modified version of Protostar.
When you click on a category it only displays the sub categories and when you are on a product the menu disappears completely, so you have to keep on clicking on home to get the parent categories again.
How do I change this so that if you click on a category the parent category is still displayed and also is there away for a sub-subcategory to display with a fly out menu when you hover over the sub category.
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.snoozeulooze.co.za
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 Hikashop Essentials
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133922
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sidebar Category menu disapears
Hi,
That's probably because you have the option "Synchronize with currently
displayed item when possible" turned on in the options of your sidebar module.
Regarding your second question, there's no option to do that.
That's probably because you have the option "Synchronize with currently
displayed item when possible" turned on in the options of your sidebar module.
Regarding your second question, there's no option to do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SnoozeULooze.co.za
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SnoozeULooze.co.za
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #133952
by SnoozeULooze.co.za
Replied by SnoozeULooze.co.za on topic Sidebar Category menu disapears
Hi
Thank you, that something so simple can waste so much time.
I appreciate all the help.
By the way it is a awesome system you guys have developed worth every cent I paid for it, keep up the great work.
I do have another question about CSS styling that is not functioning correctly, can I ask or should I create a new thread
Thank you, that something so simple can waste so much time.
I appreciate all the help.
By the way it is a awesome system you guys have developed worth every cent I paid for it, keep up the great work.
I do have another question about CSS styling that is not functioning correctly, can I ask or should I create a new thread
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 10 months ago #133982
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Sidebar Category menu disapears
The following user(s) said Thank You: SnoozeULooze.co.za
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SnoozeULooze.co.za
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #134025
by SnoozeULooze.co.za
Replied by SnoozeULooze.co.za on topic Sidebar Category menu disapears
Hi
I have tried to look under css styling but I don't really know what to look for.\
I created my site on xammp and styled the cart, login screen, caregories menu and wish list. All modules were given png backgrounds and were set to the same size, margin and padding, everything looked exactly as it should.
Then I uploaded my site and database to the live server and now for some reason the login module retained its styling but the cart and category modules are now misaligned, also the category module retained its png header and body background but the cart only has the header png and no matter what I do to the cart (change the image, replace the image with a plain background color) nothing seems to work.
Find attached an image on the left what it should look like and on the right what it does look like.
I have tried to look under css styling but I don't really know what to look for.\
I created my site on xammp and styled the cart, login screen, caregories menu and wish list. All modules were given png backgrounds and were set to the same size, margin and padding, everything looked exactly as it should.
Then I uploaded my site and database to the live server and now for some reason the login module retained its styling but the cart and category modules are now misaligned, also the category module retained its png header and body background but the cart only has the header png and no matter what I do to the cart (change the image, replace the image with a plain background color) nothing seems to work.
Find attached an image on the left what it should look like and on the right what it does look like.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134083
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Sidebar Category menu disapears
Hi,
In your template "templates/protostar/css/custom.css" file you have the properties:
So that's the reason why the modules are not aligned and some of them a smallest than the other one.
You have to remove that property.
Regarding the image, this image is not found, thanks to check if this file exist:
In your template "templates/protostar/css/custom.css" file you have the properties:
Code:
.moduletable-cat {
margin-left: 20px;
}
.moduletable-cart {
margin-left: 20px;
}
You have to remove that property.
Regarding the image, this image is not found, thanks to check if this file exist:
templates/protostar/images/cart_center2.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: SnoozeULooze.co.za
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds