- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
Using menu item settings for category
- simonbornhoft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 10 months ago #134397
by simonbornhoft
Using menu item settings for category was created by simonbornhoft
Hi,
I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find anything at all in searching.
I have a site that I'm building which has a category listing page, then each of the top level sub categories has it's own menu item set up with custom settings for the layout.
The 'Categories listing' page doesn't pick up those menu items and when you click the link shows those subcategories in a standard layout.
There are a number of non-hikashop options for managing this, with menu item aliases, etc or individual modules, but it would be nice to have it fully automated.
I know it's not necessarily straightforward with the flexibility built in to hikashop, if it'snot currently possible, perhaps adding an option to categories enabling admins to associate a Joomla menu item with the category, so that all links generated to that category would use that menu item instead, if it was set and continue as it does now if it's not?
If there is a way to achieve it now, please help
)
Cheers
Keith
I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find anything at all in searching.
I have a site that I'm building which has a category listing page, then each of the top level sub categories has it's own menu item set up with custom settings for the layout.
The 'Categories listing' page doesn't pick up those menu items and when you click the link shows those subcategories in a standard layout.
There are a number of non-hikashop options for managing this, with menu item aliases, etc or individual modules, but it would be nice to have it fully automated.
I know it's not necessarily straightforward with the flexibility built in to hikashop, if it'snot currently possible, perhaps adding an option to categories enabling admins to associate a Joomla menu item with the category, so that all links generated to that category would use that menu item instead, if it was set and continue as it does now if it's not?
If there is a way to achieve it now, please help
Cheers
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134480
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Using menu item settings for category
Hi,
That should actually already be the case provided that you have a recent version of HikaShop. If you don't have the latest, updating should be a good solution.
HikaShop will look automatically for sub menu items of the current menu item which match each category and if it finds one it will direct to it instead of staying on the same menu item.
That should actually already be the case provided that you have a recent version of HikaShop. If you don't have the latest, updating should be a good solution.
HikaShop will look automatically for sub menu items of the current menu item which match each category and if it finds one it will direct to it instead of staying on the same menu item.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds