- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
Category listing doubled- Solved
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #136112
by KYSEAN
Category listing doubled- Solved was created by KYSEAN
Hey all, when I add a product and link it to a category on the back end, it shows up twice:
Name Delete ID
product category 2
product category / Holy Name Academic 19
It also shows up twice on the front end and looks bad. Can I just delete (as seen above) product category 2 in the back end for each of my products? Thanks, Sean
Name Delete ID
product category 2
product category / Holy Name Academic 19
It also shows up twice on the front end and looks bad. Can I just delete (as seen above) product category 2 in the back end for each of my products? Thanks, Sean
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by KYSEAN.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #136115
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Category listing doubled
Hi,
It does not show up twice, the product is in two categories :
- product category
- Holy Name Academic
The the category "Holy Name Academic" is a child of the category "product category".
So after that, if you display the products of the category "product category" with all sub elements (products in the category and is the sub categories), yes the product will be displayed twice. Because the product is in two categories.
So you have to change the product configuration or the product listing menu/module configuration.
Regards,
It does not show up twice, the product is in two categories :
- product category
- Holy Name Academic
The the category "Holy Name Academic" is a child of the category "product category".
So after that, if you display the products of the category "product category" with all sub elements (products in the category and is the sub categories), yes the product will be displayed twice. Because the product is in two categories.
So you have to change the product configuration or the product listing menu/module configuration.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #136161
by KYSEAN
Replied by KYSEAN on topic Category listing doubled
I would like to keep the Category: Holy Name Academic and not show product category. I'm using a menu to display my categories/products. Would just deleting "Product Category make Holy Name Academic the parent? Please bear with me, I'm new to this.
Thanks,
Sean
Thanks,
Sean
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Jerome.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #136249
by KYSEAN
Replied by KYSEAN on topic Category listing doubled
I think I got that issue fixed. Thanks, Sean
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds