- Posts: 105
- Thank you received: 1
Add short description on product page
12 years 9 months ago #138512
by moneymr
Add short description on product page was created by moneymr
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #138640
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Add short description on product page
Hi,
If you want to add a short description to your products, you'll have to create a new custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields.
If you want to customize the product page, you'll want to edit the file "show_default" via the menu Display>Views.
If you want to add a short description to your products, you'll have to create a new custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields.
If you want to customize the product page, you'll want to edit the file "show_default" via the menu Display>Views.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moneymr
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199175
by dennis3m
Replied by dennis3m on topic Add short description on product page
Oh no... I saw this and another post so I thought I could try and play with the view > product file and add some way to include a text entry that would show per vendor and on all their products....
Instead, I broke my pages. I really shouldn't have touched it since I am not a coder. My product page is now stuck on 'tabular' view. I checked my hikashop configuration and it shows that I have 'default' selected so I wonder if I have permanently deleted that 'default' view for the product pages. To make it worst, the 'add to cart' button no longer works in this view.
I just recently moved to a new domain, so I tried to 'replace' the files at components > com_hikashop > views > product > tmpl. But it didn't do anything.
I also tried to played with the img file to attempt to remove those annoying square buttons that pop up when the image is mouseover. But instead I now have product name and price tags that are clashing into each other. I also don't know how to fix this.
The site is down since no ordering is possible without the product page fixed. I hope you could give me some help as soon as you can. Thanks!
Instead, I broke my pages. I really shouldn't have touched it since I am not a coder. My product page is now stuck on 'tabular' view. I checked my hikashop configuration and it shows that I have 'default' selected so I wonder if I have permanently deleted that 'default' view for the product pages. To make it worst, the 'add to cart' button no longer works in this view.
I just recently moved to a new domain, so I tried to 'replace' the files at components > com_hikashop > views > product > tmpl. But it didn't do anything.
I also tried to played with the img file to attempt to remove those annoying square buttons that pop up when the image is mouseover. But instead I now have product name and price tags that are clashing into each other. I also don't know how to fix this.
The site is down since no ordering is possible without the product page fixed. I hope you could give me some help as soon as you can. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199250
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Add short description on product page
Hi,
1. The product page displays fine on your website on my end: take.ms/1rwj0
2. I was able to add the products in the cart and do to the checkout, no problem on that: take.ms/zVeLd
3. The squares come from your template. You should contact them for such customization.
Looking at the page, you can add such CSS to avoid the issue:
.gridItem .product-info { display: none; }
1. The product page displays fine on your website on my end: take.ms/1rwj0
2. I was able to add the products in the cart and do to the checkout, no problem on that: take.ms/zVeLd
3. The squares come from your template. You should contact them for such customization.
Looking at the page, you can add such CSS to avoid the issue:
.gridItem .product-info { display: none; }
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds