- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
Display description and joomla modules.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 8 months ago #138851
by artisanwebandprint
Display description and joomla modules. was created by artisanwebandprint
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
test.artrageus1.com
(soon to be
artrageus1.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- :5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome current
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
How do I get the display to be the same as the menu item link when I link via a category to a product listing?
For example:
I link to a product listing from the dropdown menu item Art>Humanimals(SubCategory of Art) and I see this: screencast.com/t/xFaShT0oG You can see the category description under the title and above the title the module assigned to the Art>Humanimals menu item.
However, if I navigate to Art which is a category listing page and then click on the category Humanimals, I see this: screencast.com/t/37ZFbSH2zT As you can see, the module showing at the top is different - this "featured artwork" module should be only showing on the home page and the "Art" menu item page. Additionally, the category description is missing beneath the title.
What can I do to make the page display like the menu item?
Thanks for your assistance.
Dawn
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- :5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome current
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
How do I get the display to be the same as the menu item link when I link via a category to a product listing?
For example:
I link to a product listing from the dropdown menu item Art>Humanimals(SubCategory of Art) and I see this: screencast.com/t/xFaShT0oG You can see the category description under the title and above the title the module assigned to the Art>Humanimals menu item.
However, if I navigate to Art which is a category listing page and then click on the category Humanimals, I see this: screencast.com/t/37ZFbSH2zT As you can see, the module showing at the top is different - this "featured artwork" module should be only showing on the home page and the "Art" menu item page. Additionally, the category description is missing beneath the title.
What can I do to make the page display like the menu item?
Thanks for your assistance.
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 8 months ago #138922
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Display description and joomla modules.
Hi,
I think that the solution will probably be to configure the category listing content menu which have the ID 120 like you configured your category listing content menu which have the ID 143 through the page "Hikashop->Display->Content menus->'YourContentMenus'".
I think that the solution will probably be to configure the category listing content menu which have the ID 120 like you configured your category listing content menu which have the ID 143 through the page "Hikashop->Display->Content menus->'YourContentMenus'".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
12 years 1 month ago #167326
by artisanwebandprint
Replied by artisanwebandprint on topic Display description and joomla modules.
Hello,
I'm sorry but your suggestion did not solve the problem. First of all ID 120 is a category listing content menu ID 143 is a product listing content menu.
The issue still remains:
How do I get the display to be the same as the menu item link when I link via a category to a product listing?
For example:
I link to a product listing from the dropdown menu item Art>Humanimals(SubCategory of Art) and I see this: screencast.com/t/xFaShT0oG You can see the category description under the title and above the title the module assigned to the Art>Humanimals menu item.
However, if I navigate to Art which is a category listing page and then click on the category Humanimals, I see this: screencast.com/t/37ZFbSH2zT As you can see, the module showing at the top is different - this "featured artwork" module should be only showing on the home page and the "Art" menu item page. Additionally, the category description is missing beneath the title.
What can I do to make the page display like the menu item?
Thanks,
Dawn
I'm sorry but your suggestion did not solve the problem. First of all ID 120 is a category listing content menu ID 143 is a product listing content menu.
The issue still remains:
How do I get the display to be the same as the menu item link when I link via a category to a product listing?
For example:
I link to a product listing from the dropdown menu item Art>Humanimals(SubCategory of Art) and I see this: screencast.com/t/xFaShT0oG You can see the category description under the title and above the title the module assigned to the Art>Humanimals menu item.
However, if I navigate to Art which is a category listing page and then click on the category Humanimals, I see this: screencast.com/t/37ZFbSH2zT As you can see, the module showing at the top is different - this "featured artwork" module should be only showing on the home page and the "Art" menu item page. Additionally, the category description is missing beneath the title.
What can I do to make the page display like the menu item?
Thanks,
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #167328
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Display description and joomla modules.
Hi,
7 months later, I think it is highly possible that the message of Nicolas is "out of date" because your HikaShop configuration changed since that day.
Regards,
7 months later, I think it is highly possible that the message of Nicolas is "out of date" because your HikaShop configuration changed since that day.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
12 years 1 month ago #167332
by artisanwebandprint
Replied by artisanwebandprint on topic Display description and joomla modules.
Hi Jerome,
Yes, I apologize sincerely for the delay in responding. In truth, I have put the site on hold because the client has been away. I did update Hikashop today, but I have not done much other work on the site.
Since the same issue is still active, should I create a new post?
Thanks,
Dawn
Yes, I apologize sincerely for the delay in responding. In truth, I have put the site on hold because the client has been away. I did update Hikashop today, but I have not done much other work on the site.
Since the same issue is still active, should I create a new post?
Thanks,
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #167342
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display description and joomla modules.
Hi,
Each menu item has its own configuration that you can find when you edit the menu via Display>content menus. If you want all the menus to display in a similar maner, you thus want to have the options of the different menus configured similarily.
The id of the menus might have changed since then, but the logic behind the answer of Mohamed is still the same.
Each menu item has its own configuration that you can find when you edit the menu via Display>content menus. If you want all the menus to display in a similar maner, you thus want to have the options of the different menus configured similarily.
The id of the menus might have changed since then, but the logic behind the answer of Mohamed is still the same.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
12 years 1 month ago #167449
by artisanwebandprint
Replied by artisanwebandprint on topic Display description and joomla modules.
Hello,
Thank you for your response. I have setup the configuration of the menu items to be the same with one exception:
1. Art points to the category "Portfolios" so the output on the menu item page "Art" gives you the six categories that are nested within art. Above those category images you'll find the category description for "portfolios" and a Joomla widgetkit module that is assigned to the "Art" menu item.
2. Humanimals points to the product listing "Humanimals" so the output on the menu item page "Humanimals" gives you the products assigned to that category. When you click on the menu item directly, the product listing page loads and above the products you see the category description for Humanimals and a different Joomla Widgetkit module assigned to the "Humanimals" menu item.
Here's the configuration:
The problem happens when you click on the menu item "Art" and then click on the category image for Humanimals. What happens is that the category description does not update to the Humanimals category description; instead, it still shows the "Portfolios" category description. Additionally, when you click on the category image Humanimals on the "Art" page the page loads the module assigned to the "Art" menu item instead of the module assigned to the "Humanimals" menu item.
Here is a video to illustrate what I am trying to fix:
screencast.com/t/iBLchSmJnsf
Thanks so much for you assistance.
Dawn
Thank you for your response. I have setup the configuration of the menu items to be the same with one exception:
1. Art points to the category "Portfolios" so the output on the menu item page "Art" gives you the six categories that are nested within art. Above those category images you'll find the category description for "portfolios" and a Joomla widgetkit module that is assigned to the "Art" menu item.
2. Humanimals points to the product listing "Humanimals" so the output on the menu item page "Humanimals" gives you the products assigned to that category. When you click on the menu item directly, the product listing page loads and above the products you see the category description for Humanimals and a different Joomla Widgetkit module assigned to the "Humanimals" menu item.
Here's the configuration:
The problem happens when you click on the menu item "Art" and then click on the category image for Humanimals. What happens is that the category description does not update to the Humanimals category description; instead, it still shows the "Portfolios" category description. Additionally, when you click on the category image Humanimals on the "Art" page the page loads the module assigned to the "Art" menu item instead of the module assigned to the "Humanimals" menu item.
Here is a video to illustrate what I am trying to fix:
screencast.com/t/iBLchSmJnsf
Thanks so much for you assistance.
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #167624
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display description and joomla modules.
Hi,
What you're describing in your video is normal.
When you are on the Art menu and click on a category, you stay on the curent menu but there is just a parameter added to the URL saying that now the current category is not portofolio but the one you clicked on, and thus you see the products in that category but still on the same art menu.
So if you restrict modules to menus, it's normal that you get the same module in the portofolio category display and in one of its sub categories display since you're still on the same menu.
There are several solutions to your issue:
1. You install Advanced Modules Manager Pro and you restrict your modules not to menus but to categories. That way, you'll get the same module displayed for a category regardless from where you click to access it.
2. You use the load position system of Joomla ( docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F ) to include the module in the description of each category. That way, the module will display for the correct category at the top, where the description of the category is.
3. You turn on the "Force canonical URLs on listings" option of the configuration and you make sure that in the "canonical URL" option of your category, you get the URL of the category menu item that you created. That way, the system will use the link of the menu item for the art categories listing menu item and so it will effectively lead you to the same page regardless from which menu item you access your category.
What you're describing in your video is normal.
When you are on the Art menu and click on a category, you stay on the curent menu but there is just a parameter added to the URL saying that now the current category is not portofolio but the one you clicked on, and thus you see the products in that category but still on the same art menu.
So if you restrict modules to menus, it's normal that you get the same module in the portofolio category display and in one of its sub categories display since you're still on the same menu.
There are several solutions to your issue:
1. You install Advanced Modules Manager Pro and you restrict your modules not to menus but to categories. That way, you'll get the same module displayed for a category regardless from where you click to access it.
2. You use the load position system of Joomla ( docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F ) to include the module in the description of each category. That way, the module will display for the correct category at the top, where the description of the category is.
3. You turn on the "Force canonical URLs on listings" option of the configuration and you make sure that in the "canonical URL" option of your category, you get the URL of the category menu item that you created. That way, the system will use the link of the menu item for the art categories listing menu item and so it will effectively lead you to the same page regardless from which menu item you access your category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds