- Posts: 93
- Thank you received: 3
category description and title
12 years 8 months ago #139177
by bettston
category description and title was created by bettston
-- url of the page with the problem -- : demo.battleva.co.uk/apples
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
Hi,
I think I have nearly got Hika working as needed but am stuck on 2 ponts that I hope somebody can help with.
1.How do I get a description on the top level category. you can edit lower levels but there does not seem to be an option for this. If not I could create an intermediate level but do not seem to be able to move exitsting categories into it.
2. when you click a category and it displays the grid of products there is no title at the top, how can I put the category tile at the top?
Thanks
Tony
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
Hi,
I think I have nearly got Hika working as needed but am stuck on 2 ponts that I hope somebody can help with.
1.How do I get a description on the top level category. you can edit lower levels but there does not seem to be an option for this. If not I could create an intermediate level but do not seem to be able to move exitsting categories into it.
2. when you click a category and it displays the grid of products there is no title at the top, how can I put the category tile at the top?
Thanks
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #139200
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic category description and title
Hi,
1. In the categories tree, you have to click on "Root" to access the edition of the "product category" category. Then just fill the description part.
2. You can set the title in the description part of the category, then enable the option to display the category description.
To only display the category title, it will require some php code into the view "category / listing".
1. In the categories tree, you have to click on "Root" to access the edition of the "product category" category. Then just fill the description part.
2. You can set the title in the description part of the category, then enable the option to display the category description.
To only display the category title, it will require some php code into the view "category / listing".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #139205
by bettston
Replied by bettston on topic category description and title
Hi Xavier,
no1 worked perfectly, think I was tring to get to it through products rather than categories.
For no2. what php do I need to enter in the category listing to show the category name field?
thanks
Tony
no1 worked perfectly, think I was tring to get to it through products rather than categories.
For no2. what php do I need to enter in the category listing to show the category name field?
thanks
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #139393
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic category description and title
Hi,
I don't think that you need any code for that but simply turn on the "component heading" display option of your menu item via the joomla menu manager.
Nevertheless, you can use such code in that view for that:
<?php echo @$this->element->category_name; ?>
I don't think that you need any code for that but simply turn on the "component heading" display option of your menu item via the joomla menu manager.
Nevertheless, you can use such code in that view for that:
<?php echo @$this->element->category_name; ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds