- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
images not uploading or something.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 8 months ago #139580
by zipadyduda
images not uploading or something. was created by zipadyduda
-- url of the page with the problem -- :https://www.2014.xraycert.com/x2014/x-ray-ce-courses/testmmaamm
-- HikaShop version -- :2.2.3 starter
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome new
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have read some posts and I saw that some other people were having trouble uploading images. I made sure that the permissions are 777 in media/com_hikashop/upload/ and all subdirectories. My file size is half a meg. I can find the image and see the thumbnail, but when I save, it disappears and it does not show up in that directory.
This is strange because I was able to successfully upload a category image the same way.
On the left side, under description, there is an image button to find an image already on the server. This is great. I don't need more than one image. However the image shows up on the bottom. I need it on the top, and I haven't gotten far enough yet to see how the image situation plays out during checkout.
-- HikaShop version -- :2.2.3 starter
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome new
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have read some posts and I saw that some other people were having trouble uploading images. I made sure that the permissions are 777 in media/com_hikashop/upload/ and all subdirectories. My file size is half a meg. I can find the image and see the thumbnail, but when I save, it disappears and it does not show up in that directory.
This is strange because I was able to successfully upload a category image the same way.
On the left side, under description, there is an image button to find an image already on the server. This is great. I don't need more than one image. However the image shows up on the bottom. I need it on the top, and I haven't gotten far enough yet to see how the image situation plays out during checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 8 months ago #139606
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic images not uploading or something.
Hi,
If you can correctly upload images through your category configuration pages, can you tell me in which page you can't upload images ?
If you can correctly upload images through your category configuration pages, can you tell me in which page you can't upload images ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #139644
by zipadyduda
Replied by zipadyduda on topic images not uploading or something.
administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=edit&cid[]=1
The thing is, do I really need to upload images this way? I already have all the images I need in my joomla images folder. For my situation, it's just more difficult to manage two copies of images anyway.
Can I just point to that folder and grab images for the products that way?
The thing is, do I really need to upload images this way? I already have all the images I need in my joomla images folder. For my situation, it's just more difficult to manage two copies of images anyway.
Can I just point to that folder and grab images for the products that way?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by zipadyduda.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #139648
by zipadyduda
Replied by zipadyduda on topic images not uploading or something.
I reset my chrome browser and uploaded the image again giving it a different name.
The barcode image was replaced by my image and I had two copies. The two copies showed up on the product page.
I deleted one of them and hit save on the back end, they were both gone and the bar code was back. :huh:
The barcode image was replaced by my image and I had two copies. The two copies showed up on the product page.
I deleted one of them and hit save on the back end, they were both gone and the bar code was back. :huh:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #139692
by zipadyduda
Replied by zipadyduda on topic images not uploading or something.
I guess it's a problem with my browser. I was able to use another computer to do it and it stuck.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #139825
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic images not uploading or something.
Hi,
To manage the images, the easiest way is to upload them via FTP, and then click on select to navigate through the uploaded images.
To manage the images, the easiest way is to upload them via FTP, and then click on select to navigate through the uploaded images.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds