- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
Different URL for the same product page
12 years 8 months ago #140519
by webme
Different URL for the same product page was created by webme
-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Essential: 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- SH404 SEF
Hello,
I created a shop with only two products.
On the left side of my shop I created a Menu with 3 links
first link : product list (hikashop >> product >> product listing)
second link : Product1 page (hikashop >> product >> product page)
third link : product2 page (hikashop >> product >> product page)
When I click on the fist link (product list) I do have my two products display and if i click on the first one the url of the page is shop/product/1-product1
but if i click on the product1 page on the Menu the url of the page is /produit1/product
so for the same product page I have two different URLS and our friend google doesn't like duplicate!
My questions are :
1- why do I have two differents urls for the same page ?
2- what should I do to have only one URL ?
Thanks for your help
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Essential: 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- SH404 SEF
Hello,
I created a shop with only two products.
On the left side of my shop I created a Menu with 3 links
first link : product list (hikashop >> product >> product listing)
second link : Product1 page (hikashop >> product >> product page)
third link : product2 page (hikashop >> product >> product page)
When I click on the fist link (product list) I do have my two products display and if i click on the first one the url of the page is shop/product/1-product1
but if i click on the product1 page on the Menu the url of the page is /produit1/product
so for the same product page I have two different URLS and our friend google doesn't like duplicate!
My questions are :
1- why do I have two differents urls for the same page ?
2- what should I do to have only one URL ?
Thanks for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140703
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Different URL for the same product page
Hi,
You have two different urls because it is not the same page.
In the Joomla way, you created three menus items.
For each menu item you can configure Joomla modules, template etc. It means that each menu, each page is different.
So that is logical that the url are different.
You have several possibilities.
1 - Use the "canonical url". It will be very useful for the SEO. Only the canonical url will be use for the SEO so the "clones" won't be browse or analyzed by the bots.
2 - Use "alias SEF" feature of your SEF extension.
You can use both, they are not incompatible.
Regards,
You have two different urls because it is not the same page.
In the Joomla way, you created three menus items.
For each menu item you can configure Joomla modules, template etc. It means that each menu, each page is different.
So that is logical that the url are different.
You have several possibilities.
1 - Use the "canonical url". It will be very useful for the SEO. Only the canonical url will be use for the SEO so the "clones" won't be browse or analyzed by the bots.
2 - Use "alias SEF" feature of your SEF extension.
You can use both, they are not incompatible.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140900
by webme
Replied by webme on topic Different URL for the same product page
Thanks Jerome for your answer
But it there a way other than using sh404sef to have the same urls each time I have the "same" page ?
What did i do wrong in the built of my shop ?
I really would like to have a page with the liste of the product and a menu on the side linking to all the different product. how should I do that ?
another question : my url are like that : www.domainename.com/shop/product/87-article
how can I do to remove the product in the middle ?
Thanks
But it there a way other than using sh404sef to have the same urls each time I have the "same" page ?
What did i do wrong in the built of my shop ?
I really would like to have a page with the liste of the product and a menu on the side linking to all the different product. how should I do that ?
another question : my url are like that : www.domainename.com/shop/product/87-article
how can I do to remove the product in the middle ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140914
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Different URL for the same product page
If you have different menus going to the same pages, it's normal that you have different links the way joomla menu system and SEF is done.
If you don't want different URLs, simply have for example a category listing module displaying your categories on the left and the users will access your products via the URLs coming from that one place for example.
But again, it's not a problem to have different URLs as long as you fill the canonical URL field of your products.
The "product" piece can be changed with the "product SEF name" option of the configuration of HikaShop.
If you don't want different URLs, simply have for example a category listing module displaying your categories on the left and the users will access your products via the URLs coming from that one place for example.
But again, it's not a problem to have different URLs as long as you fill the canonical URL field of your products.
The "product" piece can be changed with the "product SEF name" option of the configuration of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds