- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 1
Question about the Thumbnail Creation
12 years 7 months ago #142859
by jmbgreen
Question about the Thumbnail Creation was created by jmbgreen
-- HikaShop version -- : business 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.10
Hey there,
i have a question that confuses me.
Read that Hikashop will generate thumbnails as per needed basis.
So I deleted any thumbnails folders inside the upload folder and then refreshed the front-end.
My images sizes settings are set as :
Thumbnail width 200
Thumbnail height 200
Product page image width 480
Product page image height 480
Image width 1400
Image height 1400
However in the upload folder I see the generation of the following thumb folders:
thumbnail_150x146
thumbnail_200x200
thumbnails
-> 480x480
What is generating the 150x146 ? and where it might be used ? Why there is this different folder structuring way for the different dimensions ?
Also, what is the method when setting both dimensions for generating the thumbs ? Cropping ? Especially when uploading images. Is it possible that it will destroy the aspect ratio ?
If I set only the one dimension in the images sizes options and the other set it to auto, it creates even more thumbs folders with various dimensions combinations.
What is the appropriate method for keeping images aspect ration untouched ?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.10
Hey there,
i have a question that confuses me.
Read that Hikashop will generate thumbnails as per needed basis.
So I deleted any thumbnails folders inside the upload folder and then refreshed the front-end.
My images sizes settings are set as :
Thumbnail width 200
Thumbnail height 200
Product page image width 480
Product page image height 480
Image width 1400
Image height 1400
However in the upload folder I see the generation of the following thumb folders:
thumbnail_150x146
thumbnail_200x200
thumbnails
-> 480x480
What is generating the 150x146 ? and where it might be used ? Why there is this different folder structuring way for the different dimensions ?
Also, what is the method when setting both dimensions for generating the thumbs ? Cropping ? Especially when uploading images. Is it possible that it will destroy the aspect ratio ?
If I set only the one dimension in the images sizes options and the other set it to auto, it creates even more thumbs folders with various dimensions combinations.
What is the appropriate method for keeping images aspect ration untouched ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #142910
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Question about the Thumbnail Creation
Hi,
"thumbnail_150x146" is a folder for the previous thumbnail generation method.
It should contains image which has been display with a 150x150 size.
You can remove the folder if you want. If needed, the images will be re-generated.
The new system use the folder "thumbnails" and create the folder depending the asked size, not the final one.
Regards,
"thumbnail_150x146" is a folder for the previous thumbnail generation method.
It should contains image which has been display with a 150x150 size.
You can remove the folder if you want. If needed, the images will be re-generated.
The new system use the folder "thumbnails" and create the folder depending the asked size, not the final one.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #143088
by jmbgreen
Replied by jmbgreen on topic Question about the Thumbnail Creation
hello Jerome,
I removed and it is being recreated each time, that's why I asked the question, because I don't have anywhere any settings for this thumbs dimensions and while I was experiment with these features it was a bit confusing.
Thanks anyway.
I removed and it is being recreated each time, that's why I asked the question, because I don't have anywhere any settings for this thumbs dimensions and while I was experiment with these features it was a bit confusing.
Thanks anyway.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jmbgreen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #143094
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Question about the Thumbnail Creation
Hi,
I can't say without the information you gave me.
You have to look which images are created to determine which page generate them.
Regards,
I can't say without the information you gave me.
You have to look which images are created to determine which page generate them.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds