- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 1
How to have two description fields for a product?
- markespositi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143567
by markespositi
How to have two description fields for a product? was created by markespositi
Hi.
I would like to have the result you see in the picture.
That is I would like to have the two description you see pointed by the two green arrows.
So I need TWO "description" fields in the product panel. Unfortunately, currently there is only one of it..
Any suggestion?
For example, in joomla it's possible to insert a "page break" in a HTML field and then it's possible to refer to one or to the other. Is there somethingh similar in Hikashop?
Thanks in advance.
I would like to have the result you see in the picture.
That is I would like to have the two description you see pointed by the two green arrows.
So I need TWO "description" fields in the product panel. Unfortunately, currently there is only one of it..
Any suggestion?
For example, in joomla it's possible to insert a "page break" in a HTML field and then it's possible to refer to one or to the other. Is there somethingh similar in Hikashop?
Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by markespositi.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #143600
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to have two description fields for a product?
Hi,
The solution will probably be to :
- Create a text custom field of the "product" table through "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields"
- Set a the second description through your product page
- Edit the files of your "product" view to display this custom field through "Hikashop->Display->Views"
The solution will probably be to :
- Create a text custom field of the "product" table through "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields"
- Set a the second description through your product page
- Edit the files of your "product" view to display this custom field through "Hikashop->Display->Views"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- markespositi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 7 months ago #143655
by markespositi
Replied by markespositi on topic How to have two description fields for a product?
Thanks. I did it.
I created a custom field named "Short Description" in the "Product" Table. Colomn name is "Description2".
Now, how to refer exactly to that custom fields in order to place correctly in the page editing Hikashop ->Display->Views?
Thanks
I created a custom field named "Short Description" in the "Product" Table. Colomn name is "Description2".
Now, how to refer exactly to that custom fields in order to place correctly in the page editing Hikashop ->Display->Views?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #143688
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to have two description fields for a product?
You'll have to edit the "show_default" file of the "product" view of your front-end template through "Hikashop->Display->Views" and use some code like :
Code:
<?php
echo $this->element->YourCustomFieldName;
?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds