- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
404 Error when I use SEF URLs with category listin
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #145059
by jberry210490
404 Error when I use SEF URLs with category listin was created by jberry210490
Hi there,
When I try to create a category listing menu item with SEF URL turned on, I link a content module to the menu module and set the "menu" field of that content module to be the menu I've linked it to. I still get a 404 error when someone tries to access the category listing in the front end.
Find attached a screen shot of my content module settings. Here are the other details:
-- url -- : www.claycellar.org (hover over "Colours" in the top menu and click on "Brush on glazes")
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- :2.5.14
I would really like to use SEF URLS if at all possible, and browsing the forums makes me think you have solved the issue - I'm just missing something.
Many thanks,
Jonathan
When I try to create a category listing menu item with SEF URL turned on, I link a content module to the menu module and set the "menu" field of that content module to be the menu I've linked it to. I still get a 404 error when someone tries to access the category listing in the front end.
Find attached a screen shot of my content module settings. Here are the other details:
-- url -- : www.claycellar.org (hover over "Colours" in the top menu and click on "Brush on glazes")
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- :2.5.14
I would really like to use SEF URLS if at all possible, and browsing the forums makes me think you have solved the issue - I'm just missing something.
Many thanks,
Jonathan
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by jberry210490.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145080
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 404 Error when I use SEF URLs with category listin
Hi,
Go in your joomla menu manager, edit your "brush on glazes" menu item, and make sure that its type is of the type "HikaShop categories listing", and not "categories listing" or something else. Then it should work better.
Go in your joomla menu manager, edit your "brush on glazes" menu item, and make sure that its type is of the type "HikaShop categories listing", and not "categories listing" or something else. Then it should work better.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 7 months ago #145138
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic 404 Error when I use SEF URLs with category listin
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for getting back. The menu type I've used is "Categories Listing" that falls under the "Hikashop" section of the list of menu item types. Is that correct?
I can give you back end access if that would help...
Many thanks,
Jonathan
Thanks for getting back. The menu type I've used is "Categories Listing" that falls under the "Hikashop" section of the list of menu item types. Is that correct?
I can give you back end access if that would help...
Many thanks,
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145188
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 404 Error when I use SEF URLs with category listin
Hi,
Then it means that you have another menu item called colours or brush-on-glaze for Joomla articles and the SEF system finds this one instead of the one for HikaShop.
If you turn off the SEF, it should work fine as it has the id of the menu item in the URL in order to know where he is.
In that case, please use menu items with different names/aliases and clear the cache of your joomla if any and that should work.
Then it means that you have another menu item called colours or brush-on-glaze for Joomla articles and the SEF system finds this one instead of the one for HikaShop.
If you turn off the SEF, it should work fine as it has the id of the menu item in the URL in order to know where he is.
In that case, please use menu items with different names/aliases and clear the cache of your joomla if any and that should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 7 months ago #145218
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic 404 Error when I use SEF URLs with category listin
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for your pointers here. I relaised after considering your messages, that there was an inconsistency in the URL's being used to build the Colours category. You clicked on the colours menu item and it took you to a page with alias "glazes", but you clicked on a sub menu item of colours and it took you "/colours/submenu" instead of "/glazes/submenu". Clearly it was getting the wrong alias from somewhere. In the end, just resetting the alias of the Colours menu to "glazes" solved it and I was then also able to change it back to "colours" without it breaking. Don't know why it was getting confused regarding which alias to use - I still believe that I do not have any other menu items with either of these aliai. But it's solved, so thank you!
Best wishes,
Jonathan
Thanks for your pointers here. I relaised after considering your messages, that there was an inconsistency in the URL's being used to build the Colours category. You clicked on the colours menu item and it took you to a page with alias "glazes", but you clicked on a sub menu item of colours and it took you "/colours/submenu" instead of "/glazes/submenu". Clearly it was getting the wrong alias from somewhere. In the end, just resetting the alias of the Colours menu to "glazes" solved it and I was then also able to change it back to "colours" without it breaking. Don't know why it was getting confused regarding which alias to use - I still believe that I do not have any other menu items with either of these aliai. But it's solved, so thank you!
Best wishes,
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds