- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 0
Setting up Product pages without a menu
12 years 7 months ago #145500
by Bower
Setting up Product pages without a menu was created by Bower
-- url of the page with the problem -- : not yet live - using MAMP
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
Hi
Just wanting clarification on the product listings and how they are display.
In my main menu I have a products listing link, this shows the products on a page (Div image thumbnails) and also a menu in a sidebar. The menu I have set up manually and links to product pages.
When I access the product pages via the menu in the sidebar, this menu is removed and the product info is the full width of the page. This is how I'd like it to be. But accessing the product pages via the thumbnails the sidebar menu remains in place.
I can switch off the thumbnail linking and force users to access products from the menu in the sidebar but I think this would frustrate users so instead I am left with two different product page styles.
Luckily my client has a limited amount of products so manually creating the sidebar menu to link to product pages is not an issue this time but I was wondering if the product pages when accessed via the thumbnails could have their own customization in order to have modules added or switched on or off for example. This would get around my problem of having different page styles using the hikashop categories/products listing menus combined with using the native Joomla menus.
Any thoughts on this gratefully received.
Thanks
Vicky
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
Hi
Just wanting clarification on the product listings and how they are display.
In my main menu I have a products listing link, this shows the products on a page (Div image thumbnails) and also a menu in a sidebar. The menu I have set up manually and links to product pages.
When I access the product pages via the menu in the sidebar, this menu is removed and the product info is the full width of the page. This is how I'd like it to be. But accessing the product pages via the thumbnails the sidebar menu remains in place.
I can switch off the thumbnail linking and force users to access products from the menu in the sidebar but I think this would frustrate users so instead I am left with two different product page styles.
Luckily my client has a limited amount of products so manually creating the sidebar menu to link to product pages is not an issue this time but I was wondering if the product pages when accessed via the thumbnails could have their own customization in order to have modules added or switched on or off for example. This would get around my problem of having different page styles using the hikashop categories/products listing menus combined with using the native Joomla menus.
Any thoughts on this gratefully received.
Thanks
Vicky
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #145516
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Setting up Product pages without a menu
Hi Vicky,
I didn't totally understood your issue, but the solution will probably be to control the display of your filter module regarding the menu where you are by using the "Module assignment" option through your Joomla filter module configuration page.
Also if you don't want your module to display through some product page using the Advanced module manager will probably do the job.
I didn't totally understood your issue, but the solution will probably be to control the display of your filter module regarding the menu where you are by using the "Module assignment" option through your Joomla filter module configuration page.
Also if you don't want your module to display through some product page using the Advanced module manager will probably do the job.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145519
by Bower
Replied by Bower on topic Setting up Product pages without a menu
I've attached some images
1.png shows the product listing page with thumbnails and the menu.
2.png shows the product page when accessed via the menu in the sidebar.
3.png shows the product page when accessed by the thumbnail link.
the product pages have different urls
how can I get the product page to look like 2.png when accessed via the thumbnail link?
1.png shows the product listing page with thumbnails and the menu.
2.png shows the product page when accessed via the menu in the sidebar.
3.png shows the product page when accessed by the thumbnail link.
the product pages have different urls
how can I get the product page to look like 2.png when accessed via the thumbnail link?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #145534
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Setting up Product pages without a menu
Ok, If you just want to hide you module through your product page, using the
Advanced module manager
will probably do the job.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145540
by Bower
Replied by Bower on topic Setting up Product pages without a menu
Thanks - this looks like it could do the trick!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds