- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
hidden menu
12 years 7 months ago #146218
by scottm74
hidden menu was created by scottm74
Hi, is it possible to link to a single product page from a hidden menu? I just have 1 product and don't want a new menu on the front end, but instead link to the product page via several 'Book Now' buttons that I have set up on the website. Below is the link to the page I'm creating, any help would be greatly appreciated.
175.107.131.177/~shoalhav/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 27.0.1
175.107.131.177/~shoalhav/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 27.0.1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 7 months ago #146247
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic hidden menu
Hi,
The solution will be to publish your hidden menu, go to your product page to have you product link, and un-publish your product listing
.
The solution will be to publish your hidden menu, go to your product page to have you product link, and un-publish your product listing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #146251
by scottm74
Replied by scottm74 on topic hidden menu
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply, but I don't understand what you mean. I'm brand new to Hika shop, I literally just downloaded it this morning, can you please go through the process in a little more detail. I have already created the hidden menu and linked it to my product page, but what next? Normally I would use an article and a menu id to link to the page that has no menu, so how do I link a 'Read More' button inside a module to load the product page on it's own new page? Apologies, but I'm very green and new to this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #146305
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic hidden menu
Hi,
What Mohamed said is that you have to publish the created menu to the product page.
Then click on this menu, copy the url of the article page, and use this url in the read more button.
Finally unpublish the created menu for the product page.
Hope this will help you
What Mohamed said is that you have to publish the created menu to the product page.
Then click on this menu, copy the url of the article page, and use this url in the read more button.
Finally unpublish the created menu for the product page.
Hope this will help you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #146623
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic hidden menu
Hi,
Indeed when you unpublish the menu, the button will not work anymore, so you have to let it published, but in a not displayed menu.
So:
Main menu > displayed in a position
Hidden menu > published but not in a postion of the template, so not visible
Button link menu > Published in that not displayed menu
Hope this will help you.
Indeed when you unpublish the menu, the button will not work anymore, so you have to let it published, but in a not displayed menu.
So:
Main menu > displayed in a position
Hidden menu > published but not in a postion of the template, so not visible
Button link menu > Published in that not displayed menu
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds