Brand Listing: How to get rid of the product list
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #146401
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Brand Listing: How to get rid of the product list was created by lousyfool
-- url of the page with the problem -- : local
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi,
First, I'm new to HikaShop, but it looks like I got my head around it, got used to the "Views" system and most things realized... except for a few. Note: no trouble with CSS, only little with HTML, but not a PHP guru at all.
I have created a div brand listing from a menu. The page looks good; if I click on a brand, a new page loads showing the products of that brand - as intended.
Except, on the brand listing page, below the brand divs, I have (all) products listed. And I can't get rid of them.

Many thanks for a good answer,
LF
P.S.: Yes, I've been though various documentation incl frontend display on categories etc, used the search here, too, but no find. Maybe I'm the only one not wanting the product or whatever listing there, haha. But imagine many brands and even more products... urgh.
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi,
First, I'm new to HikaShop, but it looks like I got my head around it, got used to the "Views" system and most things realized... except for a few. Note: no trouble with CSS, only little with HTML, but not a PHP guru at all.
I have created a div brand listing from a menu. The page looks good; if I click on a brand, a new page loads showing the products of that brand - as intended.
Except, on the brand listing page, below the brand divs, I have (all) products listed. And I can't get rid of them.
- I do have a product listing associated with the brand divs. If I don't, the products vanish from below the brands, but when clicking on a brand, the page with its products remains empty as well.
- AFAIK, it's not possible to hide the product listing block per CSS, because it's the very same ID's and classes as for the individual pages; so, if I set anything ("submodules") related to the product block under the brand listing to "display:none;", it won't show product on individual pages, again.
- Same when attempting to edit the "category > listing" view: any messing with the relevant section also affects the display of products when clicking on a brand.
Many thanks for a good answer,
LF
P.S.: Yes, I've been though various documentation incl frontend display on categories etc, used the search here, too, but no find. Maybe I'm the only one not wanting the product or whatever listing there, haha. But imagine many brands and even more products... urgh.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by lousyfool.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #146418
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Brand Listing: How to get rid of the product list
Update:
The module displaying the product divs below the brand listing was nowhere published, neither through the HikaShop settings, nor in J's Module Manager. Still, the products were showing.
Trying in HikaShop to set columns and number of items both to zero resulted in only one product showing below the brands (but still one, not zero), and this being the only one that would display when clicking on the brands' links - no there product would show up this way.
Back to J's Module Manager, I trashed the module. Guess what, they would still show!
Then I emptied the trash, and - as could by now be expected - they would show up neither below the brands, nor when clicking on the brands' links. So, I have to recreate that module to have the product at least showing when the brands are clicked in their listing...
I think I have to give up on this. Help please. Some clever PHP mod or whatever. Anything, just let me hide those products below the brand listing... thanks.
The module displaying the product divs below the brand listing was nowhere published, neither through the HikaShop settings, nor in J's Module Manager. Still, the products were showing.
Trying in HikaShop to set columns and number of items both to zero resulted in only one product showing below the brands (but still one, not zero), and this being the only one that would display when clicking on the brands' links - no there product would show up this way.
Back to J's Module Manager, I trashed the module. Guess what, they would still show!
Then I emptied the trash, and - as could by now be expected - they would show up neither below the brands, nor when clicking on the brands' links. So, I have to recreate that module to have the product at least showing when the brands are clicked in their listing...
I think I have to give up on this. Help please. Some clever PHP mod or whatever. Anything, just let me hide those products below the brand listing... thanks.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #146492
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Brand Listing: How to get rid of the product list
Hi,
There is no PHP or CSS to change. The associated module of a menu always display the products of the current category/brand.
You simply need to change the "sub element filter" option of that module from "all sub elements" to "direct sub elements" so that it doesn't show the products of the sub brands/categories the current category/brand but only the ones directly linked to the current category/brand. You can do that via the menu Display->Content modules, once you edit your associated products listing module.
There is no PHP or CSS to change. The associated module of a menu always display the products of the current category/brand.
You simply need to change the "sub element filter" option of that module from "all sub elements" to "direct sub elements" so that it doesn't show the products of the sub brands/categories the current category/brand but only the ones directly linked to the current category/brand. You can do that via the menu Display->Content modules, once you edit your associated products listing module.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #146510
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Brand Listing: How to get rid of the product list
Thanks Nicolas!
I got it working. Not sure why it took me so long, seems I was on a completely wrong track. Starting all over and keeping in mind your simple hint did it. Thanks again!
I got it working. Not sure why it took me so long, seems I was on a completely wrong track. Starting all over and keeping in mind your simple hint did it. Thanks again!
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds