- Posts: 107
- Thank you received: 8
Display Related Products Module on Checkout
12 years 6 months ago #148530
by bmm01
Display Related Products Module on Checkout was created by bmm01
I'm just setting up a new site with Hikashop Essential 2.3.0.
Currently working on localhost only until I get things set up.
How do I display Related Products during Checkout? I've read the documentation and been able to add Related Products to a Categories Listing but I'm not sure how to add to Checkout.
Do I need to Force a Menu on Checkout and add the module there?
If you can help me with this it will enable me to get very close to complete the workflow.
Thanks
Brett
Currently working on localhost only until I get things set up.
How do I display Related Products during Checkout? I've read the documentation and been able to add Related Products to a Categories Listing but I'm not sure how to add to Checkout.
Do I need to Force a Menu on Checkout and add the module there?
If you can help me with this it will enable me to get very close to complete the workflow.
Thanks
Brett
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago #148535
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Display Related Products Module on Checkout
Hello Brett,
Note that if you want to display a module through the checkout workflow you'll just have to Force a Menu on Checkout and use the "module assignment" joomla option of your module so that it display on the menu that you forced on checkout.
Note that if you want to display a module through the checkout workflow you'll just have to Force a Menu on Checkout and use the "module assignment" joomla option of your module so that it display on the menu that you forced on checkout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmm01
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148626
by bmm01
Replied by bmm01 on topic Display Related Products Module on Checkout
OK thanks for that Mohamed
I'll try that now.
I'll try that now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148631
by bmm01
Replied by bmm01 on topic Display Related Products Module on Checkout
Hi Mohamed
Can you please take me through the steps to get the Related Products module displayed during checkout.
I've read the documentation and tried a lot of different things but it's just not working for me.
As soon as the customer goes to Checkout I want to display a Related Products module in a sidebar.
Thanks and regards
Brett
Can you please take me through the steps to get the Related Products module displayed during checkout.
I've read the documentation and tried a lot of different things but it's just not working for me.
As soon as the customer goes to Checkout I want to display a Related Products module in a sidebar.
Thanks and regards
Brett
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago #148673
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Display Related Products Module on Checkout
Can you tell me what menu did you force on your checkout, and how did you configured the "module assignment" joomla option of your module through some screenshots ?
Thanks.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148730
by bmm01
Replied by bmm01 on topic Display Related Products Module on Checkout
Thanks Mohamed
Here are my screenshots:
1. "Hidden Menu" for checkout:
2. Module assignment - Related Products displays ok for menu item Categories Listing but not for the Checkout menu item
3. Hikashop options for Related Products module
4. Hikashop checkout configuration forcing menu "Checkout" - menu is forced correctly but module not displayed (space is created for it but it is blank)
5. Site page Categories Listing where Related Products is displayed correctly
6. Site page Checkout where Related Products is not displayed.
Really appreciate your help.
Regards
Brett
Here are my screenshots:
1. "Hidden Menu" for checkout:
2. Module assignment - Related Products displays ok for menu item Categories Listing but not for the Checkout menu item
3. Hikashop options for Related Products module
4. Hikashop checkout configuration forcing menu "Checkout" - menu is forced correctly but module not displayed (space is created for it but it is blank)
5. Site page Categories Listing where Related Products is displayed correctly
6. Site page Checkout where Related Products is not displayed.
Really appreciate your help.
Regards
Brett
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148836
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display Related Products Module on Checkout
It sounds correct.
If you set the "menu assignment" option of your module to "all the menus", do you see it on the checkout ?
If no, then the issue is with the settings of the module. A full screenshot of all the HikaShop options of the module would be helpful.
If yes, then the issue is with the menu assignment where you apparently assigned the module to a menu with the same name than the checkout menu item that you selected in the "force a menu on checkout" option.
If you set the "menu assignment" option of your module to "all the menus", do you see it on the checkout ?
If no, then the issue is with the settings of the module. A full screenshot of all the HikaShop options of the module would be helpful.
If yes, then the issue is with the menu assignment where you apparently assigned the module to a menu with the same name than the checkout menu item that you selected in the "force a menu on checkout" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148870
by bmm01
Replied by bmm01 on topic Display Related Products Module on Checkout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148877
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display Related Products Module on Checkout
Hi,
Maybe you can try to turn off the "synchronize with currently display item" option of the module.
If that doesn't help, I would think that your module is in a special position which isn't available for the template you're using on your checkout while it is for the template you're using on the other menus of your website.
Maybe you can try to turn off the "synchronize with currently display item" option of the module.
If that doesn't help, I would think that your module is in a special position which isn't available for the template you're using on your checkout while it is for the template you're using on the other menus of your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149204
by bmm01
Replied by bmm01 on topic Display Related Products Module on Checkout
Hi Nicolas
Turning off "Synchronise products" did not help.
So I tried creating another new "Related Products" module and this time it worked!
I'm not sure what I did differently as I have tried this several times before but the main thing is that it's ok now.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Brett
Turning off "Synchronise products" did not help.
So I tried creating another new "Related Products" module and this time it worked!
I'm not sure what I did differently as I have tried this several times before but the main thing is that it's ok now.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Brett
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds