- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 0
How to change main product image like this...?
- KleanZlate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 6 months ago #148809
by KleanZlate
How to change main product image like this...? was created by KleanZlate
Hello.
I need some help with a problem I'm having. I need to add functionality to our product pages that is similar to this:
www.sols-europe.com/ESA/esa/ItemDetails....394&clearCache=clear
I need to be able to change the main product image through color swatches. Here's how our product page looks:
www.beerplace.com/index.php/fatnadhur/pr...3-bolur-value-weight
So how do you make the color swatches change the main image?
Thanks.
HikaShop Business 2.3.0
Joomla! 3.2.3
I need some help with a problem I'm having. I need to add functionality to our product pages that is similar to this:
www.sols-europe.com/ESA/esa/ItemDetails....394&clearCache=clear
I need to be able to change the main product image through color swatches. Here's how our product page looks:
www.beerplace.com/index.php/fatnadhur/pr...3-bolur-value-weight
So how do you make the color swatches change the main image?
Thanks.
HikaShop Business 2.3.0
Joomla! 3.2.3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148814
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to change main product image like this...?
Hi,
You should create a characteristic "color" with for each value of the characteristic the img tag of the color.
Then, set the "characteristic display method" option of the configuration to "radio".
Then, add your characteristic to your product and via the "manage variants" button, upload the images of the product for each color variant.
That's it, you'll be able to switch from one color to the other on the product page and the images of the corresponding variant will be displayed automatically.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
You should create a characteristic "color" with for each value of the characteristic the img tag of the color.
Then, set the "characteristic display method" option of the configuration to "radio".
Then, add your characteristic to your product and via the "manage variants" button, upload the images of the product for each color variant.
That's it, you'll be able to switch from one color to the other on the product page and the images of the corresponding variant will be displayed automatically.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- KleanZlate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #149016
by KleanZlate
Replied by KleanZlate on topic How to change main product image like this...?
Thanks for the response. I won't be at work until after the weekend and I'll try this out then. I'll report back
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- KleanZlate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #149371
by KleanZlate
Replied by KleanZlate on topic How to change main product image like this...?
Is there any way to display thumbnails of the colors instead of the radio buttons?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago #149382
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to change main product image like this...?
Hi,
Note that there is no option to do that so this kind of feature will require a code customization, the solution will probably be to edit the code of the "show_block_characteristic" file of the "product" view, of your front-end template through "Hikashop->Display->Views".
Developer skills will be required to do that.
Note that there is no option to do that so this kind of feature will require a code customization, the solution will probably be to edit the code of the "show_block_characteristic" file of the "product" view, of your front-end template through "Hikashop->Display->Views".
Developer skills will be required to do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- KleanZlate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #149545
by KleanZlate
Replied by KleanZlate on topic How to change main product image like this...?
Ok. thanks. I'm new to Joomla so that's outside my capabilities, yet
We're going with static images for the first version of the site and then we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds