- Posts: 53
- Thank you received: 0
Display variations and options
- kyteasdale
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 6 months ago #149329
by kyteasdale
Display variations and options was created by kyteasdale
I've got a number of issues with the display options - looked through the documentation and didn't find much help.
The products appear different on different pages - but I can't find way to unify that. For example - the main shop page has a perfect outline and fill on the box, but if you click on a category and go in - those products are laid out differently. What's the easiest way to make them uniform?
Also - I don't like to crop the thumbnail images - as that can cut off crucial parts of my product info, but when I keep aspect ratio, the surrounding box is white. I want them to be the same colour as the box. How can I do that?
Finally - how do I create a sidebar menu that is only on the category views etc - but not on the actual product page.
Spent a few hours trying to establish how to fix this lot, but no luck. Figured I should ask here as support is included right?
Many Thanks
The products appear different on different pages - but I can't find way to unify that. For example - the main shop page has a perfect outline and fill on the box, but if you click on a category and go in - those products are laid out differently. What's the easiest way to make them uniform?
Also - I don't like to crop the thumbnail images - as that can cut off crucial parts of my product info, but when I keep aspect ratio, the surrounding box is white. I want them to be the same colour as the box. How can I do that?
Finally - how do I create a sidebar menu that is only on the category views etc - but not on the actual product page.
Spent a few hours trying to establish how to fix this lot, but no luck. Figured I should ask here as support is included right?
Many Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149353
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic Display variations and options
hi
best is to give access to the real dynamic page . Since each page can contain differents areas, those areas can change the layout templates . if you ask question without give access to ressources ( link) , I ll not be able to help you ... i don't know for others !
regard's
best is to give access to the real dynamic page . Since each page can contain differents areas, those areas can change the layout templates . if you ask question without give access to ressources ( link) , I ll not be able to help you ... i don't know for others !
regard's
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149343
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display variations and options
Hi,
1. Please provide the links to the pages you're talking about and we can tell you. Your description is too vague to tell you which menu/module to edit and how.
2. A link would have been great here too. How about trying to turn off the "force size" option ? That way, you don't have to choose between cropping or keeping the aspect ratio with a white background.
3. You could simply enable the "hikashop categories listing : 1 level" module that is installed by default via the Joomla modules manager.
1. Please provide the links to the pages you're talking about and we can tell you. Your description is too vague to tell you which menu/module to edit and how.
2. A link would have been great here too. How about trying to turn off the "force size" option ? That way, you don't have to choose between cropping or keeping the aspect ratio with a white background.
3. You could simply enable the "hikashop categories listing : 1 level" module that is installed by default via the Joomla modules manager.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kyteasdale
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 53
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #149412
by kyteasdale
Replied by kyteasdale on topic Display variations and options
Here's the link - though I must stress the site is incomplete:
orangereel.net/ordecal/
As an example for issue 1 - this page ( orangereel.net/ordecal/index.php?option=...t=listing&Itemid=145 ) has a different look to this page orangereel.net/ordecal/index.php?option=...t=listing&Itemid=107 with regards to the product divs.
2 - The force size issue makes the divs all different sizes - which is just messy. I just need the surrounding colour to match the background, not white.
3 - Can't find that module. Even when I go to New Module option - it's not listed
As an example for issue 1 - this page ( orangereel.net/ordecal/index.php?option=...t=listing&Itemid=145 ) has a different look to this page orangereel.net/ordecal/index.php?option=...t=listing&Itemid=107 with regards to the product divs.
2 - The force size issue makes the divs all different sizes - which is just messy. I just need the surrounding colour to match the background, not white.
3 - Can't find that module. Even when I go to New Module option - it's not listed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149420
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display variations and options
Hi,
1. The difference I see on your products listing is the background color of your product divs. Simply configure them with the same color and it will display the same. You can do that by editing the options of your products listing modules (ids 89 and 111 on these links) via the menu Display>Content modules.
2. Then change the line:
$bgcolor = $this->_getBackgroundColor($thumb, @$option);
to:
$bgcolor = $this->_getBackgroundColor($thumb, '#CCC');
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php and that will change the background color after you delete the thumbnail folders in media/com_hikashop/upload
3. Then it means that you must have deleted the module instances. In that case, you can recreate such categories listing module as explained in this tutorial:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ml#categories_module
1. The difference I see on your products listing is the background color of your product divs. Simply configure them with the same color and it will display the same. You can do that by editing the options of your products listing modules (ids 89 and 111 on these links) via the menu Display>Content modules.
2. Then change the line:
$bgcolor = $this->_getBackgroundColor($thumb, @$option);
to:
$bgcolor = $this->_getBackgroundColor($thumb, '#CCC');
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php and that will change the background color after you delete the thumbnail folders in media/com_hikashop/upload
3. Then it means that you must have deleted the module instances. In that case, you can recreate such categories listing module as explained in this tutorial:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ml#categories_module
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kyteasdale
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 53
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #149608
by kyteasdale
Replied by kyteasdale on topic Display variations and options
1 worked perfectly
2 created the following error and prevented my access
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/02/10806402/html/ordecal/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 449
2 created the following error and prevented my access
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/02/10806402/html/ordecal/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 449
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kyteasdale
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 53
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #149612
by kyteasdale
Replied by kyteasdale on topic Display variations and options
Kept playing and this worked,
$bgcolor = $this->_getBackgroundColor($thumb, @'CCC');
thanks
$bgcolor = $this->_getBackgroundColor($thumb, @'CCC');
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds